The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Dropzone full coilover!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well slap these things on then.

Oh and you're thinking the Eibach Pro-Kits, the Sportlines sit pretty damn low, and any lower will give you a bunch of problems as far as ride, handling, and plain clearance.

Stock
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Pro-Kit

Sportline

I will I will LOL and your right those sportlines are about what I"m looking for maybe a tad lower on the front though. Thing is I will be switching between slicks and street setups on the front so I need to be able to adjust between teh two as I have 26" tall slicks for 14" rims and 225/45/17 fuzions for the street.

Well I haven't made it outside yet.. going now..

I just took off eibach sportlines/tokico blues to put on the GC/koni setup...

the sportline/blue combo is slammed.. a little too low for my liking.. you couldn't really go any lower.. I'll be raising it up a tad with the new setup.

...I'll try and find the invoice, but I think it was just under $1000 at my door.

Here's how it sat with the sportlines:

That should be low enough for you.

I'll be putting them up for sale as soon as I clean them.

Well I haven't made it outside yet.. going now..

I just took off eibach sportlines/tokico blues to put on the GC/koni setup...

the sportline/blue combo is slammed.. a little too low for my liking.. you couldn't really go any lower.. I'll be raising it up a tad with the new setup.

...I'll try and find the invoice, but I think it was just under $1000 at my door.

See forget that I would have went KS sport for 770 or something to my door if I wanted something that high. Shit they have teins on ebay for less than a grand shipped.

asian shocks are junk.. ksport, tien.. junkpile.. only ones that are any good at all really are the tokico whites.

I forgot the link where the dude test dynos all the different shocks around... the hardcores here will know that by heart I'm sure.

I did my reading before I bought suspension.. for under a grand, there is nothing even close to as good as konis.

The ultimate (still affordable) setup would have been replacing the eibach springs that came with the GCs with hypercoils.. but I didn't feel the need to go that far.. I've never done autoX, though I should give it a whirl now, probably pretty fun.

asian shocks are junk.. ksport, tien.. junkpile.. only ones that are any good at all really are the tokico whites.

I forgot the link where the dude test dynos all the different shocks around... the hardcores here will know that by heart I'm sure.

I did my reading before I bought suspension.. for under a grand, there is nothing even close to as good as konis.

The ultimate (still affordable) setup would have been replacing the eibach springs that came with the GCs with hypercoils.. but I didn't feel the need to go that far.. I've never done autoX, though I should give it a whirl now, probably pretty fun.

Hopefully someone digs up that information for us. I know I'd like to add it to the Illumina discussion. Always gotta back it up with science!

Yep, that's the site.

Great info.

My springs are 7"

I just decided to go with the higher snap ring spot for the rear off the bat.. when I jacked up the suspension to tighten the top 2 bolts it looked like it'll sit more than high enough for what I want.

DropZone isnt a good setup, I would rather get fresh oem shocks and some qaultiy lowering springs than that setup...

A freind had it on his 2G FWD and rode like shit and bottomed out like crazy

You mean those 100million adjustable super racing coilovers they over price and sell?

There was a huge thread on that with road racing hondas on honda-tech

Most of those adjustments didnt do anything at all after a certain point on a shock dyno

Yes, I too was about to hop on the asian coilover bandwagon.. I wanted 32 way adjustable.. I wanted a complete setup ready to drop in.. I was looking at k-sport, megan, tien.. glad I found that site in my research and changed my mind to go with the GC/koni..

Just took it out for a spin after some quick height adjustments.. I just put it on soft to try.. wow, sure rides nice, huge difference from the sportlines/tokicos.

I should have left the snap ring where it was on the back though, I got scared by that guy's post about him needing longer springs in the back.. I've pretty much got it where I want it, but there's not much more to drop it down.. I may change the snap ring back.. we'll see.

I didn't do anything too hairy, but man, they're so much more solid around corners, yet such a smoother ride.

I put in an ingalls camber kit up front, I wanna go about 1.5-2 camber up there I think... and I'm gonna throw some washers on the rear to run about 1-1.5 in back I suppose.. I'll probably do a little more searching before I make the final decision there.. so I want to get all that done.. and an alignment before I start givin'er shiat.

Now to work on the micro controller and stepper motors so I can electronic adjustment on the fly.

Very satisfied with this so far.

Notice most cars that get tracked alot....E30s, Miatas,SER's, Hondas etc mostly run Koni yellows out of the box, shortend, or custom valved etc with GC coilovers again out of the box specs, or to there custom specs...

Granted you can also do custom valved Blistons etc

Dont buy somthing until you know its proven, and serves a purpose

Anything can look shiney and pretty, but its how it does in real life is the true test

I didn't see the extra parts that came with the kit here is what the whole kit looks like.

I don't want to make thsi about asian coilover setups bad or good debate but I think the thing to keep in mind is there are diffrent grades of quality and of course coresponding cost for tat quality. If you are a autoX guy I think you should invest in a high dollar high quality setup that fuctions as good as you can afford. If you are a straight line guy and just want a descent setup that will get you some traction and get the job done and get a lower stance than I don't think real high dollar parts are the way to go even thouh of course it would work too. A kit like this is not something I would reccomend to a serious racer but it's like the 16g or turbo's basic cheaper but still gets the basic job done. that's how I looked at this kt. Look at twicks69 he makes 740whp and runs 9's and has a ks sport coilover kit. There is a place in the industry for cheaper setups. This is one.

I don't want to make thsi about asian coilover setups bad or good debate but I think the thing to keep in mind is there are diffrent grades of quality and of course coresponding cost for tat quality. If you are a autoX guy I think you should invest in a high dollar high quality setup that fuctions as good as you can afford. If you are a straight line guy and just want a descent setup that will get you some traction and get the job done and get a lower stance than I don't think real high dollar parts are the way to go even thouh of course it would work too. A kit like this is not something I would reccomend to a serious racer but it's like the 16g or turbo's basic cheaper but still gets the basic job done. that's how I looked at this kt. Look at twicks69 he makes 740whp and runs 9's and has a ks sport coilover kit. There is a place in the industry for cheaper setups. This is one.

Okay, since you seem to not fully comprehend what people are saying, I'll try to explain this as simply and easily as possible.

A) You want your car lower for looks. This is detrimental in itself to handling; however, since this is your main goal you're willing to sacrifice those things for cost savings. I would say an equal decision to these would be just cutting the stock springs. Plus it's even cheaper.

B) You purchased a product to lower the car for looks, and people are calling out that it will ride and handle terribly, because it's one and only purpose in life is to support the car at -4 inches of ride height.

C) Comparing dropzone springs to a 16g is a bad comparison as a 16g is a performance part that is proven as being high quality. How about we compare dropzone springs to chromedizzle 20 inch wheels. They hurt performance, but the person who purchased them probably thinks they look good. See the similarities?

I'm not even saying that these will fail and kill you (which they could), I'm just saying that you spent your money on dropping the car, and realize that with that you will have sacrificed a lot of ride quality and handling from even the stock setup.

And in the interest of posting lots of references:
dropzone coilovers : Dropzone : Suspension Reviews - Hondahookup.com
Dropzone Coilovers - ProbeTalk.com Forums
Club3G Forums
Acura CL Community - Dropzone Coilovers

I got bored... literally hundreds of "don't buy these they suck" posts out there.

So how about this. Install them, take pictures of your car all slammed for your myspace and cardomain pages, drive them around for a day, realize we were right, return them for a full refund (or if not at least try and get a couple bucks back), and then post how you're sorry that you doubted the collective knowledge of the members here. :toobad:

Okay, since you seem to not fully comprehend what people are saying, I'll try to explain this as simply and easily as possible.

A) You want your car lower for looks. This is detrimental in itself to handling; however, since this is your main goal you're willing to sacrifice those things for cost savings. I would say an equal decision to these would be just cutting the stock springs. Plus it's even cheaper.

B) You purchased a product to lower the car for looks, and people are calling out that it will ride and handle terribly, because it's one and only purpose in life is to support the car at -4 inches of ride height.

C) Comparing dropzone springs to a 16g is a bad comparison as a 16g is a performance part that is proven as being high quality. How about we compare dropzone springs to chromedizzle 20 inch wheels. They hurt performance, but the person who purchased them probably thinks they look good. See the similarities?

I'm not even saying that these will fail and kill you (which they could), I'm just saying that you spent your money on dropping the car, and realize that with that you will have sacrificed a lot of ride quality and handling from even the stock setup.

And in the interest of posting lots of references:
dropzone coilovers : Dropzone : Suspension Reviews - Hondahookup.com
Dropzone Coilovers - ProbeTalk.com Forums
Club3G Forums
Acura CL Community - Dropzone Coilovers

I got bored... literally hundreds of "don't buy these they suck" posts out there.

So how about this. Install them, take pictures of your car all slammed for your myspace and cardomain pages, drive them around for a day, realize we were right, return them for a full refund (or if not at least try and get a couple bucks back), and then post how you're sorry that you doubted the collective knowledge of the members here. :toobad:

Ok since you were trying to help and give me advice and we're TRYING to be a total ignorant assuming asswhole I will refrain from saying what I really think and just stick with the facts.

I did NOT JUST purchase these for looks. If lowering your this far with the sportlines works I don't see why it wouldn't work in this case not to mention unlike what people have said I have room to adjust them up I figured out how the rings and shit that come with the kit are used. Again I'm not the salesman for these I;m just breaking down them and showing people there is another option to the expensive coilover systems out there.

By the way I clicked on all your links and everyone that said they didn't like them or said they were bouncy were using stock shocks/struts and that is not the case with this setup obviously. But again thanks for ATTEMPTING to help :thumb:

Edit: On a side more personal not before making character comments about someone you should really think twice before assuming they are or aren't something. Like for instance I don't even have a car domain page and I only have one pic of the car and it's the outside on my myspace as a backdrop the same picture that you see to the left I find it ignorant of you and out of place to make comments like I'm some ricer who buys bling bling mods cause it's cool so they can spray their NAWZ and have a 10 sec car. Not taking into the fact I am the first 420a guy to put a obx tb on a 420a and have a fully built engine a one off turbo manifold in the works so I think it's safe to say that I KINDA know what I'm doing ; )

Less talk, more install. Why aren't these on yet?

Less talk, more install. Why aren't these on yet?

crlower sent me stage 2s for a neon dohc instead of eclipse so I have to swap them out and then these will go on and then we'll have real info instead of just all this bs. I will flame them if they suck trust me.

Well at least bolt these up until the new cams show up.

This thread is hilarous!!! I'm planning on ditching my Tockio's and springs for some good GC Koni setup. A bit sick of the bad handling. Hopfully, your 'dropzone' setup works ok for you....

This thread is hilarous!!! I'm planning on ditching my Tockio's and springs for some good GC Koni setup. A bit sick of the bad handling. Hopfully, your 'dropzone' setup works ok for you....

LOL... I'm planning on ditching my Ksport kontrols for some dropzones.

/sarcasm

Whered you buy them

On ebay they have auctions all the time for this exact set for like 301 shipped. I know everyone is waiting for me to put them on already. I'm in the process of moving and dealing with running issues which are higher on my list but I want these on to see if they will work like some have said more than anyone. Hell if anyone local wants to come over and help me put them on so it doesn't take as long I'm game just don't have time for a 4 corner one man full install in the mist of moving.

It has been like a few months, are these installed yet? any pics?

Funny you say that I was just about to post pics. Well contrary to what everyone said they fit fine they were not to short and just to prove it these pics are with the coilovers adjusted all the way DOWN. This is as low as they will go. I will be rasing the front about a inch and change and the back about the same just to keep the front tilt bias.(nose lower than tail)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back