The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Dropzone full coilover!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That kit is junk, goodluck with it. Dropzone is junk, if its made by dropzone specifically or something from ebay, its junk no matter how you look at it.

Man your the first guy to use it that I have heard say they think it's junk. What made them junk when you used them?

You are right about that part. It won't be the end of the world but you could have just spent the money the first time on a decent suspension setup instead of buying the "dropzone" setup and hoping that it works... Just my .02

Well I did my research looked up to see what people that had the kit or the coilovers mainly thought and I could not find one person to say they didn't like them. One guy said they're too stiff for him but then everyone else in that forum said that's not a bad thing it's ust not for the guy that wants his car to ride like a lincoln.

By the way these are 5 inches long so I don't see how that 2 inches is a huge difference ???

2 inches is a huge difference. When I had Ground Control's on my car, the kit came with 6" springs in the back. This would have been fine if I wanted the car to be slammed. The collars were cranked up as high as they would go, and the back of the car was still too low. I eventually replaced them with 8" springs and got it to the height I wanted it at. With 5" springs your car is going to be slammed and the ride is going to suck.

2 inches is a huge difference. When I had Ground Control's on my car, the kit came with 6" springs in the back. This would have been fine if I wanted the car to be slammed. The collars were cranked up as high as they would go, and the back of the car was still too low. I eventually replaced them with 8" springs and got it to the height I wanted it at. With 5" springs your car is going to be slammed and the ride is going to suck.

I want this car to be slammed I should have mentioned that I don't want overlap but I want the fender to look flush with the top of the tire without touching.

Man your the first guy to use it that I have heard say they think it's junk. What made them junk when you used them?

my friend used the dropzone slip on coils on decent shocks (KYB AGX's), never had much luck with ride quality or anything else, so i always stayed away with them. Ive used Omni coilovers, PIC Coilovers w/adjustable dampening, and AGX's with Koni springs on my talon. I have used a fair bit of different suspension setups, as well have all my friends, ive seen what companys make good stuff, and ive seen some not so good stuff, the dropzone stuff is in the not so good category IMO.

Im not knocking you, just giving an opinion on the quality of dropzone stuff. Hope you have good luck with yours.

my friend used the dropzone slip on coils on decent shocks (KYB AGX's), never had much luck with ride quality or anything else, so i always stayed away with them. Ive used Omni coilovers, PIC Coilovers w/adjustable dampening, and AGX's with Koni springs on my talon. I have used a fair bit of different suspension setups, as well have all my friends, ive seen what companys make good stuff, and ive seen some not so good stuff, the dropzone stuff is in the not so good category IMO.

Im not knocking you, just giving an opinion on the quality of dropzone stuff. Hope you have good luck with yours.

Yeah that's the kinda info I'm looking for and of course how they work for me is what I'm worried about but I don't want to be blind even if they do work for me and say they will work for everyone that's why I like to see what everyone else thinks and their experience.

hmm.. here's my front springs from GC, rear are a little longer..

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I wonder if I should try to send them back for some longer springs? I just installed the front today, and at about half way on the collar it's slammed, just like my sportline/tokicos that were on there.. too low.. but I should be able to get it to a decent height before I run outa room on the collars.. with the short springs though you have to make sure they seat properly every time you let the car down.. tomorrow I'll do the rear.. hopefully it won't be too low or too harsh.. can't imagine it being harsher than the sportlines.

hmm.. here's my front springs from GC, rear are a little longer..

I wonder if I should try to send them back for some longer springs? I just installed the front today, and at about half way on the collar it's slammed, just like my sportline/tokicos that were on there.. too low.. but I should be able to get it to a decent height before I run outa room on the collars.. with the short springs though you have to make sure they seat properly every time you let the car down.. tomorrow I'll do the rear.. hopefully it won't be too low or too harsh.. can't imagine it being harsher than the sportlines.

That right there proves they're not tooshort everyone else I have seen has their's all the way extended so you at half way being slammed is a good thing cause you still have about 3 more inches to play with about.

Dropzone doesn't make springs. They're buying them from someone else. I was wanting to know who that manufacturer was. If you didn't find anyone who didn't like the Dropzone units then you didn't look hard enough. I've seen them mentioned in a bad light a few times and I've saw two in the last week on DSMTalk.

VanIsleDSM's still look longer than what you've got. Did you get those straight from Ground Control VanIsleDSM or did you special order / buy those used?

Well why don't you put them on so we can quit discussing something none of us have ever tried, and get a real updated opinion.

Dropzone doesn't make springs. They're buying them from someone else. I was wanting to know who that manufacturer was. If you didn't find anyone who didn't like the Dropzone units then you didn't look hard enough. I've seen them mentioned in a bad light a few times and I've saw two in the last week on DSMTalk.

VanIsleDSM's still look longer than what you've got. Did you get those straight from Ground Control VanIsleDSM or did you special order / buy those used?

How can they get them from someone else and then sell them when SVERAL different sites not ebay sell them as Dropzone coilovers:confused:

they just look longer because of the picture he took ask him to measure I bet they are the same size I can tell because I held mine in my hand just like he did and they looked just about that size.

How can they get them from someone else and then sell them

Same as everybody else...Ground Control doesn't make their own springs, they buy them from Eibach (or used to) and then sell the kit.

Only a few manufactures make springs that are worth a damn as far as suspension goes (and "Joe-Blow" isn't one of them).

How can they get them from someone else and then sell them when SVERAL different sites not ebay sell them as Dropzone coilovers:confused:

they just look longer because of the picture he took ask him to measure I bet they are the same size I can tell because I held mine in my hand just like he did and they looked just about that size.

Eibach makes springs for Ground Control, they even make the springs for a couple other companies.

There are only a few companies I'd trust with making the springs for my car and Eibach is towards the bottom, that's why I run Hypercoils on my car.

His have an extra coil which either means that they're longer or they're stiffer at the same size both of which mean that his won't bottom out as often as yours.

Rebranding. Everybody's doing it. You might be surprised at how few companies manufacture their own product, and not just in the automotive market, either.

ask him to measure

You could ask me, I'm right here...

just gonna eat some breakfast and I'll be out there putting on the rears and then start adjusting the height of everything.. I'll measure while I'm out there.

With the Konis on the rear there are 2 positions for the snap ring that the collar will slide onto.. I think they came with it on the lower position.. so if it's too much on the back I can always take them off and switch the snap ring... I've also heard of people machining their own grove for the ring to have it sit where ever they want.. my new mini-lathe should be here any day now.. so I wouldn't even need to take it anywhere :sneaky:

The more I think about it.. short springs shouldn't really matter? as long as they are good springs.. and designed for the job.. they just won't pre-compress as much.

Didn't buy them straight from ground control, got a good deal from modacar.com, best place I could find that carried GCs and the Konis.. plus they shipped to me in Canada through USPS.. no brokerage crap.

Here's a different pic to check out:

Eibach makes springs for Ground Control, they even make the springs for a couple other companies.

There are only a few companies I'd trust with making the springs for my car and Eibach is towards the bottom, that's why I run Hypercoils on my car.

His have an extra coil which either means that they're longer or they're stiffer at the same size both of which mean that his won't bottom out as often as yours.

No they don't your just looking at my fronts I guarentee his fronts have 4 coils my rears have 5 just like his

I didn't know that about coils. Good to know but like I said I want it to be flush so I think these will work but we shall see. I know everyone doesn't think they will or that they will work good i'll say but say they do 300 is a very affordable price for lowering a car and handeling better than stock if it manages to do so.

There are only a few companies I'd trust with making the springs for my car and Eibach is towards the bottom, that's why I run Hypercoils on my car. .

I second the HyperCo springs, nothing better. Guaranteed to not sag unlike almost every other spring manufacturer.

You could ask me, I'm right here...

just gonna eat some breakfast and I'll be out there putting on the rears and then start adjusting the height of everything.. I'll measure while I'm out there.

With the Konis on the rear there are 2 positions for the snap ring that the collar will slide onto.. I think they came with it on the lower position.. so if it's too much on the back I can always take them off and switch the snap ring... I've also heard of people machining their own grove for the ring to have it sit where ever they want.. my new mini-lathe should be here any day now.. so I wouldn't even need to take it anywhere :sneaky:

The more I think about it.. short springs shouldn't really matter? as long as they are good springs.. and designed for the job.. they just won't pre-compress as much.

Didn't buy them straight from ground control, got a good deal from modacar.com, best place I could find that carried GCs and the Konis.. plus they shipped to me in Canada through USPS.. no brokerage crap.

Here's a different pic to check out:

Lol well I figured you would see and chime in. Just to compare two questions. How many revolutions do your front coils make and how much did you pay for your coils and shocks?

I second the HyperCo springs, nothing better. Guaranteed to not sag unlike almost every other spring manufacturer.

You both look like harcore AutoX guys though I'm not paying a grand (probably more actually) for a setup that all I need to do is lower the car and handle descent nothing crazy and help me get some traction in the 1320 that's all.

The length does matter depending on where the sleeves are mounted and how much range they have. Yours sit up pretty high on the shock so you should be ok. As low as mine are mounted on the actual shocks I can only use longer springs, but that gives me more options for spring rates too.

You both look like harcore AutoX guys though I'm not paying a grand (probably more actually) for a setup that all I need to do is lower the car and handle descent nothing crazy and help me get some traction in the 1320 that's all.

You may have been better off grabbing some Eibach Sportlines and Tokico's

You may have been better off grabbing some Eibach Sportlines and Tokico's

You'll also have a much more comfortable ride that way too. I can’t imagine the spring rate on those tiny little springs. They have to be very stiff, and I am sure those struts can not provide the dampening to match those springs.

You'll also have a much more comfortable ride that way too. I can’t imagine the spring rate on those tiny little springs. They have to be very stiff, and I am sure those struts can not provide the dampening to match those springs.

From the stories I've read I'm afraid that they're too soft and will have him crashing into his bumpstops constantly.

From the stories I've read I'm afraid that they're too soft and will have him crashing into his bumpstops constantly.

I did hear about that with ebay springs but I didn't hear it as much about these but we'll see like i said. And to the Eibach Sportlines and Tokico's like I said I needed the car to look flush with teh top of the tires and the eibach only drop it like an inch and a half or something.

Well slap these things on then.

Oh and you're thinking the Eibach Pro-Kits, the Sportlines sit pretty damn low, and any lower will give you a bunch of problems as far as ride, handling, and plain clearance.

Stock

Pro-Kit

Sportline

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back