The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Driver side motor mount removal trouble

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjohnstone11

Probationary Member
Oct 7, 2010
knoxville, Tennessee
Hello everyone I am currently in the process of installing some prothane motor mount inserts and bushings. However, I'm having trouble removing the driver side motor mount. I've already removed the back, front, and passenger side mount quite easily.

I'll post a picture explaining why I'm having trouble getting it out. Oh and this is on a manual trans.

Like to hear what you all have done to get yours out. Did you have to remove where the clutch cable hooks down on(clutch bushing??)?

Also the reason I am posting the picture of the rear mount(already got the bolt out) is because it is keeping me from lowering the engine anymore

Attachments

• IMG_7697_1.jpg
    IMG_7697_1.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_7698_1.jpg
    IMG_7698_1.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_7699.jpg
    IMG_7699.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 131
If you un bolt the passenger side mount and jack up the passenger side of the engine it will lower the transmission and allow you to remove the mount.

The pictures show that you just took the bolts out but in order to lower the engine you have to take the bottom support beam off and take the back mount completely off and then the engine will lower. Oh! Also take passenger's side mount completely off and that will also help. Just remember it is sometimes tough to line everything up perfectly. good luck

Thanks you guys for the help. Once my dad got home and I some help we were able to get it out. We ended up lowering it as much as we could ( trans once you drop it so far bumps the bottom of the firewall, not really the firewall but i don't know what to call it haha)

Moderator can close the thread

Thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back