The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Driver Side Motor Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FoXracing82085

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 23, 2010
Lynchburg, Virginia
I am currently installing prothane motor mount inserts. I sucessfully got the front and passenger side mounts done a few days ago. The issues I am having now the driver side and the rear mounts, but mostly the driver side. I unbolted all three nuts for the mount bracket and got the insert bolt out but cannot get the bracket to come out. I have searched and only found threads with the GSTs or GSXs but not for the 420a. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks!

You will need to lift the passenger side of the motor at an angle to get the 420A driver side out. It's all about angles, you will need to trial and error there is no directions per se.

I am currently installing prothane motor mount inserts. I sucessfully got the front and passenger side mounts done a few days ago. The issues I am having now the driver side and the rear mounts, but mostly the driver side. I unbolted all three nuts for the mount bracket and got the insert bolt out but cannot get the bracket to come out. I have searched and only found threads with the GSTs or GSXs but not for the 420a. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks!

i did the same on mine it is a pain. I think i had to actually unbolt the bracket the mount is on there should be 1-2 bolts on the top of the bracket and 2-3 on the side you can get to the ones on top easily and the ones on the side from the wheel well. the back mount is pretty hard to get to it just takes patience. Also mine is an automatic i dont know if the driver side is the same or not if yours is manual.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back