The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink Downloading the evo timing and fuel maps off ecmlink wiki

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

911gdsmboostin

Proven Member
Sep 5, 2014
Irwin, Pennsylvania
Not to bring up an old thread but I didn't want to start a new one for this because it's probly somthing simple I'm missing.. I'm running a 1ga supporting mods of an evo316g and such I have it tuned enough to drive but having alot of tunning issues with stock timming and fuel maps so I'd like to do what I've seen recomonded. And download the evo timming and fuel maps off ecmlink wiki. Problem is when I try it doesn't work. Not sure if I'm doing it wrong or what? Click on the link on the wiki and a page of mombojumbo pops up? Tried saving and uploading into link and it's not recognized.. please can someone explain what I should do step by step or anything coz reading the wiki you go to file then open... well I do and all I can use or see is data logs and supported ecm software.. what amni doing wrong? Thanks in advanced

Hi, you shouldn't have issues with the stock maps so long as everything else is correct (good spark, correct fuel pressure, no boost leaks, etc..) What kinds of "tuning issues" are you having? What kind of boost are you running?

I would recommend you solve basic things that may be causing the tuning issues, before loading more aggressive maps.

Hi, you shouldn't have issues with the stock maps so long as everything else is correct (good spark, correct fuel pressure, no boost leaks, etc..) What kinds of "tuning issues" are you having? What kind of boost are you running

I would recommend you solve basic things that may be causing the tuning issues, before loading more aggressive maps.

Probly should have been a little bit more specific. I have every thing in good running order besides the iac which I believe theirs a possible issue with but I don't think it's my issue. I'm trying wot pulls at the strip last year I had it in pretty good but started missing most likely because of being a little to rich. The added fuel was to try to eliminate the knock. After reviewing alot of tech atrial it's suggested to download evo or 2g timming maps that are easier to work with in he de tables... keep in mind I'm just now getting my feet wet with de table. So that's what I'm trying to do is to try the evo 8 maps being it's said so much that the 1g timming maps are rather aggressive. I figured it would be a little easier to me to play with this way plus I'm trying to learn the ropes of de tables and such

To add to that I just want to be able to edit and or change my de tables like described in theatrical and the wiki. I can't find link tools tab or anything after watching a few vids I'm thinking I need excel to operate it but I'm not sure if that's what needs done or am I just not finding the right tabs?

Do you have ECMlink? because otherwise It wont work.. I'm sorry If i missed it somewhere in the previous posts but I can't tell whether or not you have it.

Yes I have link v3 and all supporting mods I really need to put uo a build thread and all but I can't upload any pics with this phone need to get to a computer sometime. I'm pretty sure I need Excell to don't watching some viedos they were using excel and somthing called link tools or somthing which I can't seem to find that option.. I can just change each one butni can't even see the maps on ecmlink wiki to copy it.

You don't need linktools, just basically open the file as you would any log in ECMlink, save it in a section you can easily find then just copy the fuel and timing maps over to what you currently have

You don't need linktools, just basically open the file as you would any log in ECMlink, save it in a section you can easily find then just copy the fuel and timing maps over to what you currently have

That's odd, because I tried that same method except I put it under somthing else besides logs when I went to load it it wasn't under supported files so I found it under all files. Tried to load it and it said not supported or might have been not recognized. Also when I went to save it, it save save target.. which I though was kinda weird but either way didn't work.

Did you designated it to always open that file using ECMlink? I know I had similar issues with my desktop but I had to alter what program it tried to open the file with.

Did you designated it to always open that file using ECMlink? I know I had similar issues with my desktop but I had to alter what program it tried to open the file with.

I have no clue how that works or where that option would be.. I just right clicked and hit save target which was about then only option I could use. How would I do what you described ?

Once you download it and have it saved to your computer, go to the screen where the file is located and right click on it and select "open with" and make sure the program selected is ecmlink, if not you'll have to designate it to open with it, there should be an option for you to pick your own program to use to open the file.

Once you download it and have it saved to your computer, go to the screen where the file is located and right click on it and select "open with" and make sure the program selected is ecmlink, if not you'll have to designate it to open with it, there should

be an option for you to pick your own program to use to open the file.

Thanks I'll try that tomoroe when I get back to the shop

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back