The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Does anything go here in the engine block

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kneipperk

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 25, 2009
aurora, Colorado
So today i installed my engine and transmission back into my 1990 awd. I found 1 extra hole near the a/c bracket on the rear of the block. Im not sure if there is supposed to be anything that mounts here? Its the hole circled in red in the picture. i know the 4 blue circles are for the a/c mounting bracket (or whatever you call it). This was the only hole that was rusted so it kinda made me think nothing goes there but just want to be positive
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

[/IMG]

Last edited:
You're right, it goes unused.

intake manifold bracket

Nope, that's not the same hole. I've never used that bolt hole for anything.

Last edited:
I was told if i didn't have the car off my friends parents property by sunday jan 4th, it was going to be towed and sold for scrap metal. I tried my hardest... got the engine mounted. but now all the accessories and everything else. still have a few days of work left i think. They told me tonight that i have until the snow is gone... which i dont know if they mean like 3 days. or until may...

Love the Talon in the background LOL. :thumb: I have some teardown pics of mine, i will look and see if mine had a manifold bracket plus I have a virgin 90 GSX I could shimmy under and look...its cold here but looks worse for you....if you need it. I'm putting mine back together as weather/time permits. I will post a build log when I am in deep enough to start one.

And I was just wondering where I was gonna mount my coil bracket. ...thanks!!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back