The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

diy dsmlink gm maft cable ? can this be done?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M1L3S

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 1, 2012
maple grove, Minnesota
before I get FLAMMED for being a cheap ass and not buying the 75 buck cable.

I just bought v3

car paint.

And a whole lot of maintenance parts and fluids and the list goes on and one. Im pretty tapped out.

I was wondering if I could just get a gm pig tail and the corresponding dsm pigtail and make my own cable.

Is this possible ? Or more hassle then its worth ?

If the "DSM pigtail" you speak of was available, you could. The part you're looking for is part of the MAF, since you still need the harness side plug in tact. ECMTuning had their plugs custom made, so you won't be able to find them anywhere else.

If you don't want to hard wire the sensors in, that cable is the only way you'll be able to do it.

So with the 75 buck cable I won't need a translator? What sucks is a solid my maft and translator thinking I wouldn't need it with v3 :confused:

If the "DSM pigtail" you speak of was available, you could. The part you're looking for is part of the MAF, since you still need the harness side plug in tact. ECMTuning had their plugs custom made, so you won't be able to find them anywhere else.

If you don't want to hard wire the sensors in, that cable is the only way you'll be able to do it.

With some careful hacking and creativity, it can be removed from a stock mas just like we used to do on the 1g when making an adapter harness to run a 2g Mas. But I don't know how to wire it from there.

With some careful hacking and creativity, it can be removed from a stock mas just like we used to do on the 1g when making an adapter harness to run a 2g Mas. But I don't know how to wire it from there.

I was looking at there cable and this may sound dumb. But it dosent look like the proper long rectangular maft connecter ?

Honestly if you're familiar with wiring , I recommend just hard wiring in the gm maf pigtail to your factory harness . And if your really concerned about being able to reverse this modification then just loom the wires in the harness and leave enough wire off the 2g maf connector so your able to re wire it back if needed.

Honestly if you're familiar with wiring , I recommend just hard wiring in the gm maf pigtail to your factory harness . And if your really concerned about being able to reverse this modification then just loom the wires in the harness and leave enough wire off the 2g maf connector so your able to re wire it back if needed.

What is your ecu supposed to do with the high frequency gm maf output? The dsm link cable has a translator built into it.

Did you read any of this post? Jeez man. Are you going to wear a bib while we spoon feed you?

:| ouch. I think you may have missed the part were i asked, for research, how would one make the wire. like make it, on your own; not buy it.

or am i the only one who imagined this thread title.

diy dsmlink gm maft cable ? can this be done?

Ill restructure the sentence, to simplify. Does any one know were to find a frequency divider so you can reduce the output of the GM MAFT. Instead of buying the wire that is already available, i ask for RESEARCH not because i don't want to buy or cant, Just out of discussion.

You understand now?

I know a quick goggle search will point to e-bay and amazon. And there are many, for a wide range of applications, but since i'm no electrical engineer i was hoping someone could post a link to a frequency divider they have used, for similar results.
p.s your a meany

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back