The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Disable factory alarm???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

v8s_are_slow

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 30, 2002
Panama City, Florida
Been searching and searching and can NOT find the dang thread that says how to disable it. I know I saw one before. I yanked the alarm horn but the lights won't stop blinking if I open the door. I freakin hate alarms as it is and I just want it totally disabled. Don't wanna look like a retard driving around with my lights flashing. Can someone please help me out??? Tried pulling a relay (only relay I saw) near the fusebox. Please please help. Thanks.

You could unplug the box and relay behind the drivers side rear panel where the rear speaker is. You will see the 2 after you remove the panel.
Edit: there is also a plug under the hood you can unplug too.

You could unplug the box and relay behind the drivers side rear panel where the rear speaker is. You will see the 2 after you remove the panel.
Edit: there is also a plug under the hood you can unplug too.

Where is this plug at? I was way too tired this morning when I posted and it was way too cold, so I ran out and disconnected the battery real quick to solve the issue. But I know how to get it to screw up again. When it warms up some I'm gonna purposely get it to start messing up on me again. Then I'll post an update. Personally, I want ANYTHING to do with the alarm to be gone and out of my car!!! Right now, the relay's are disconnected and the horn. But the lights will still go on and off.

To get the lights to stop blinking you just have to put your key in the door and unlock it. As for removing the actual alarm I have tried everything and it will still go off!

Nah, that was the 1st thing I did. What happened was, someone locked my driver's side door for me. I usually keep it unlocked cause as soon as I go to unlock it, the alarm goes off. And then everytime the door is opened, it'll keep going off. Only way to solve it is to disconnect my battery but that gets old. When I have more time on my hands and warmer weather, I'm gonna try and resolve this issue.

What you need to do is get a momentary push button switch that you can hide... really well. I would suggest going to an audio/alarm shop and asking them if they have a valet switch that they can sell you for a few bucks. You will then need to connect 1 side of the switch to a good ground point on the car, and the other to the green/white wire in the harness coming from your drivers door. This will allow you to disarm the alarm with the push of the button. Also, while you are at it, take the door panel off and ensure that this wire is connected to the lock mechanism as it should be.

Hope that helps.

DSMDriver69, if they didn't open your door, the factory alarm wouldn't go off. You need an aftermarket system with a shock sensor and possibly a glass break sensor. Just a suggestion.

Didn't have this precise problem, but I did have my alarm go off every time I locked her up and headed on foot. Had to pop the hood and disconnect the negative battery cable every single time. PITA. But it worked. Only a temporary "fix".

Just pull the relay. Your alarm seem really sensitive, mine pisses me off, my window got busted out and stereo ripped out and the alarm did nothing.

Didn't realize anyone had replied. But anyway, the relay for the alarm near the fuse panel was pulled long ago. And don't care to halfass get it to stop working. I just want it out and GONE!!!! I HATE car alarms anyway. When's the last time you ever heard a car alarm go off and you went running towards it to make sure someone's car wasn't getting broken into anyway? Lol. They embarrass the heck out of me if mine goes off.

Apparently, I was more lazy than I thought. I'm seeing I posted this like 8 years ago and just now fixed the issue with the lights going off. Lol. I pulled B-45X and it fixed that issue. I'm also noticing that way back then in post #2 it was suggested that I pull the relay behind the drivers side panel near the rear speaker. Don't think I've actually done that yet but not too worried cause I just wanted the lights to stop flashing. It's perfectly fine to me if the "Security" light at least comes on. I'm good there. Appreciate the replies though......years ago.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Instead of posting a new thread, figured I'd bump this up with a follow up question to anyone.

By unplugging the box and relay behind the driver's side kick panel, is there any issues with the car not starting or are you good? I swear I remember somewhere that you had to keep them plugged in, but cut two wires(anyone know/remember the wires?) instead that control the headlights and horn. The sensors for the door locks on my talon are broken, and honestly alarms don't do a thing anyway. Would love to be able to lock my doors again. Lol.

To be honest, I can't remember what the heck I did. That's been awhile. I know I pulled the relay and the horn though. I'd say start there and then go from there if there's any ongoing issues.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back