The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Deleting ABS harness

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rayrayx11

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 8, 2008
riverside, Rhode_Island
ive been searching for a few days now. just looking for more help on removing the abs computer and harness. i have the stm abs delete kit coming in a few day. looking to get a jump on the project. pics are much appreciated.
does the abs harness unplug from the back of the fuse box?

The abs harness for the most part goes from the abs ecu to the abs unit itself. I removed mine, and all I have left to deal with are the power wires from the fuse box and the few wires that go inside the car.

so far the abs computer, that black ground plug, and both the floor plates came out out no problem. now im left with the harness which runs ??? looks like up into the fender. any ideas on uninstalling this.

so far the abs computer, that black ground plug, and both the floor plates came out out no problem. now im left with the harness which runs ??? looks like up into the fender. any ideas on uninstalling this.

You'll need to remove your fender, as it follows the frame rail to the rad support, merges with the rest of the front harness, and then comes back out at the abs unit. It involves tearing apart a large chunk of your main harness.

this should be fun. ill be back. any tips?

Don't cut the wrong wires is all I can think of really. It was fairly straight forward when I did it, all but the couple of power wires and the wires that I believe run to the rear abs sensors went straight from the abs ecu to the pump if I remember correctly.

black plug of wires going under the fender. looks like grounds. i just cut and remove the ground going back to the abs computer.

red plug under the fender. what is this? part of the air bags maybe?

Attachments

• 2011-05-01_18-23-55_209.jpg
    2011-05-01_18-23-55_209.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 230
  • 2011-05-01_18-24-13_840.jpg
    2011-05-01_18-24-13_840.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 256
black plug of wires going under the fender. looks like grounds. i just cut and remove the ground going back to the abs computer.

red plug under the fender. what is this? part of the air bags maybe?

For the grounds going to the ABS ecu, you should just be able to cut them off that ground plug, yeah. And I'm pretty sure that the blue and white wire that are pointed to in the first picture are the ones that go to the rear abs sensors. They follow the wiring harness all the way back into the car on the driver's side.

As far as that red plug, I'm not sure, it definitely wasn't there on my car.

yea i followed the blue wire up to the drivers fender. havent taken that side apart yet. i found out why my abs didnt work in the first place. that blue wire broke ha. go figure

heres a better pic of what that red connector goes into.

this relay splits off that blue wire. im guessing this is the abs relay. i can pull this and the wires going to the relay as well correct?

and the red wire going from the plug that goes into abs moduel itself, did you pull this from the fuse box or just cut it? if you did pull it from the box is there a certain way of opening it or just pull back the clips?

Attachments

• unknown plug.png
    unknown plug.png
    103.8 KB · Views: 213
  • abs1.png
    abs1.png
    114.4 KB · Views: 242
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back