The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Dattalogger not working

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norcalrallyist

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 4, 2003
CaliforniaUS
Im using a b2klogger with TMO software and its not working. I get an eror when I try to connect. Something about no data or no power to the logger. I hooked up the the logger just like it describes in the directions and im using a straight cable db9 male and female to connect to my laptop running win2k. Am I using the right software should I be using something else? Anyone have any suggestions or software?

The cables are probably different they probably read different pins on the com port. for tmo you probably require a TMO data logger cable that has been the case with most of my experiences. ifyour interested in going that rout to see if that was the problem i sell cables for TMO software that have been tested in m car personally before being sealed in the package with installation directions. I would give you a copy of tmo software but you already have it . But ill sell one to you for 35$ and they have 1 year warranties on the comport connector interior circuit if the cable is cut frayed or worn and it just dont work i warrantie it you send it back ill send you another. for a year. my pay pal is linked to my email that you can reach me at [email protected]

Hey Terbolaser why not help us fix our cables to work.

I recently bought a cable and software from a guy on here, he said it was for latop only however my datalogger cable has a db9 male connector. What do I do? I can simply take the male end off and put a female end on it? Do You have a layout of how its put togeather, I opened it up to find 2 little resistors thingies, and I dunno exactly where the 2 wires/2resistor thingies are suppose to be, and hooked uo. (kinda fell apart)

Ill be using this on my laptop, and my laptop also has a db9 male fitting

well i dont know what your cable is made for i can either sell ya one or you can send me your cable and i can repair it for you if its repairable but i generally dont do that but i hate hearing about people being given defective cables so ill help ya fix it if i can

I got the thing working using a modular straight cable with 2 female ends and plugging it into the palm port. Thanks though

Okay good deal! glad you got it working. wish i could really given you more help but i have know how the cable was to help you like the circuit diagram.

NorCal, thats what I did with the B2K cable too.

Null modem cable and palm port to my laptop's serial port.

could you guys take a pic of these pieces that you are talking about.. I have the logger cable I got off the net ( the ricky negro guy in CA) and mmcd nor the tmo works.. I get the "no power to logger" error from tmo... please help..Im ready to give up (going on 3 months) I dont have the extra money to go all out and buy a palm and another cable

mods sorry for me bumping this... doesnt anyone here...out of all the people that use logging equipment have a similar story? and an answer? I searched and nothing that I can find only technical stuff that I dont understand

If I were to take a pic of the cable would this help...please someone...

man, I dont know what to say, sorry.

Have you asked the guy who made it?

have you tried it on another car that has a working logger?

Have you tried another laptop/palm on your cable?

thats what I'd do.

Try changing the com port on your modem to another one. This worked on my computer.

hmmm...will try..not really sure how to, but that will give me something to tinker with.

hey terbolaser, i bought that tmo datalogger cable and software from you, haven't got it working on win98/win2k/winxp and tried on three different laptops, allways the same error says something that not connected or no power to datalogger.

what's wrong????

btw. terbolaser, your personal messagebox was full, coulnd't send u messages... :(

please help :)

Hey I hate to tell you this but I had the same problem. The B2k Logger cable never worked for me. Its a peice of shit and doesnt work. I bought a different; non-b2k cable off of ebay from another seller and it works just fine. The cable is your problem, get another one and datalog happily ever after.

I had the same problem with mine, I didn't register the software correctly. I have different software, but had the same problem that you are having. Hope this helps.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back