The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Cylinder Wall Scoring

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guys have a question that is sort of off topic! I have a 2g intermediate axle shaft! I tried bolting this to my 6 bolt short block and only one bolt hole matches up! I think that the other was meant for the AC bracket (I don't have AC). So would I need to switch to a 1g intermediate shaft?? Will it work fine with my 2g transmission and axle??? Heres a pic of mine!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Anyone have any insight??

A lot of guys just run the 1 bolt to hold that shaft down. I have never done a 6 bolt swap my self but it seemed to work fine for them

Uh, it should line up. Unless you mean it sits away from the block about a 1/2 inch. In that case, you can add some washers in the back to fill up that space so that you can torque it down properly.

One bolt lines up but the other won't! I suppose that it's enough to hold into place!

Another question people say that when you have balance shafts deleted that the oil squirters break in some cases! Is this a valid statement??

Hm, that is strange, never had one "not" line up before :/. As for the oil squirters, I have not heard that, only when people tweak them too much, or tweak them more than once, they become fragile and can break. Or people just don't tweak them and the pistons hit them to break them off.

If I was not running oil squirters would I need to block off their mounting hole??

Guys have a question that is sort of off topic! I have a 2g intermediate axle shaft! I tried bolting this to my 6 bolt short block and only one bolt hole matches up! I think that the other was meant for the AC bracket (I don't have AC). So would I need to switch to a 1g intermediate shaft?? Will it work fine with my 2g transmission and axle??? Heres a pic of mine!

Late 2g intermediate shafts are different from early 2g and 1g shafts. The carrier bolts on differently and the bolt spacing is different. The bolt hole closest to the transmission bolts to the block like normal, but the other one actually threads into the ac compressor bracket. On a 1g and early 2g both bolts thread into the block, but one goes thru the ac bracket, on the late 2g the threads are actually in the bracket itself. You will either need a early intermediate shaft or just buy a 97-99 ac bracket and bolt it to the block.

If I was not running oil squirters would I need to block off their mounting hole??

Yes, or else you would lose oil pressure as oil would come pouring out of that hole.

And Bryan strikes again!! Thanks for clearing that up!

Hhhh

Last edited:
Hhhh

Last edited:
Anyone have any tips or any kind of knowledge to throw my way before I send it to the machine shop tomorrow???

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back