The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Custom holset he351ve variable geometry controller

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OMG I WANT LOL. I knew these things could spool quick but 40psi by 3500 rpm that is insane. I have been trying to figure out how to attach my wastegate to the mechanism on my Holset.

If i recall 40 psi was in 4th ill have to talk to my buddy to get spool times but it took no more then 4000rpms to reach 40psi. The setup took a while to complete and was very tricky to figure out a control system. We tried at least 8 different setups to get to this finished product.

Last edited:
The pictures it is hard to see exactly what you guys did to get it to actuate, but regardless the results speak for themselves are you using a bosot controller on both wastegates?

I think it was around 130 or so but its not my car so im not quite sure ill ask my buddy for full details and my bad i just found out it was an 11.30 at 40psi my bad.

The pictures it is hard to see exactly what you guys did to get it to actuate, but regardless the results speak for themselves are you using a bosot controller on both wastegates?

Yes we used 2 manual boost controllers, one to actuate vgt and the other for the ewg.

Lol dont use springs to actuate the vgt because we tried that and the vgt snapped shut at 50mph and it felt like we hit a brick wall because all the way shut is the turbos engine brake feature, and gassers don't like engine brakes LOL.

PM me with the info to make this please. This is something an awd auto needs!

I'm just saying they have had the tecnology for 20 years now..Why not add it to a bigger turbo, that would still allow you to spool at low rpms...Great for auto cars..I just wonder why it isn't utalized like it should be..

Lets say it would allow you to spool a (just for reference) an hx52 for street drivability..Then still have the hx52 for the track, you know..

I'm just saying they have had the tecnology for 20 years now..Why not add it to a bigger turbo, that would still allow you to spool at low rpms...Great for auto cars..I just wonder why it isn't utalized like it should be..

Lets say it would allow you to spool a (just for reference) an hx52 for street drivability..Then still have the hx52 for the track, you know..

Would a he351 satisfy you on the track? :thumb:

Anything would satisfy me...But this is the first time i've heard about these turbo's..So I just wanted to pick some brains, and see if we could use this...And not just on holsets either..

Well the problem with trying to make other turbocharges such as a 16g variable geometry is the fact that the variable geometry function is not only a part of the chra its a part of the hot-side, so the turbo would have to be completely redesigned.

#### I had one of these 2yrs ago wished Id of hung onto it. At the time I had no use for it and the best way to control it was a wastegate that didnt look to promising at the time. Would be great for my auto I have now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back