The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

curious yet confused. ECU fix?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spyderdrifter

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 11, 2009
Somewhere in, Colorado
So, a few weeks ago I posted about my P0300 misfire code problem and got some good feedback, unfortunately nothing has really been changed on my car since then due to time constraints. This past weekend I had intended upon swapping my wire harness that goes from the fuse box to the alternator so some of my connectors would be replaced (and not need a splice job). The new harness was different for some reason, so it didn't get swapped. So I reconnected my original harness and put the radiator back in and so forth, new coolant too. I also surpassed 1,000 miles on the new build. So yesterday when I left my storage garage, after putting her all back together, she misfired/ bogged only once, and not even very bad. Now it hasn't misfired/ bogged at all today (not even going up the steep hill I have to drive up to get to work that it always bogs on) and seems to be running even better than before. My idle still sucks the big one, but I'm convinced I need DSMlink to fix that. I know our cars are awesome (or else I wouldn't be on my 3rd one), but are they so awesome that their ECUs can ultimately fix a trouble code it shouldn't be tripping? I'm glad its not misfiring now (for now at least), but it's kinda confusing at the same time. Any of you experience something like this?

:dsm:

Last edited:
How will dsm link fix your idle? Sounds like you have a boost leak at the TB, have you rebuilt it at all and is it a 1g NT or 2g tb? Sounds to me more like idle surge or a bad IACV, have you done a boost leak test?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back