The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Coolant Temperature in MMCd

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pei_dsm

Probationary Member
Jul 3, 2009
Charlottetown, PE_Canada
Hey there,
I just finished the turbo swap to my dsm a little while back, and have only gotten it truly road worthy in the last week. When I had the N/T 4g63 in it, the temp gauge would read at about 2/3 (just before the white tick that signals the high range). I have retained the instrument panel and stock wiring harness. The new (to me) engine with all its own senors (mostly) reads the same. When I log with MMCD V1.5 my coolant temperature ranges between 94C and 97C cruising around (203, 207F). I have never seen it go above 98 (209). From what I have read, I am about 5 degrees warmer than most people run. Would that be enough to move the temp gauge that close to the danger zone?
TLDR; What is your coolant temp in MMCD/ other logging software?

iirc the ecu starts pulling timing for anything over 205*, might be 201 I don't remember for sure.

Either way throw a 180* thermostat in there and you should be fine. It will get hot enough to update your fuel trims but still stay colder than the stock 190* thermo.

Will a 180 thermostat really help me run cooler, as at 203* I would have a 190 or a 180 fully open. I think I am also going to replace my CTS, as it throws a code when the engine is warming up but if I restart the car when it is already warm it never comes on. Oh the joys of DSMs :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back