The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Comp stage 3 vs ssx/b series disc

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1cleangsx

Proven Member
Sep 28, 2013
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Hey guys I’ve got a quick question, I’m basically set on buying a south bend clutch for my car this fall, specifically the 2700lb ssx pp with the full face ceramic disc, allegedly good for 650 lb/ft of torque, my question is why is the comp stage 3 clutch with the same #2700 lb pp and full face sprung ceramic disc only rated for 425lb/ft? The comp kit is almost $200 cheaper, I don’t mind spending the money on the south bend, I just don’t get what makes the south bend more special, aside from the red paint on the pressure plate of course :idontknow:

Not sure on the difference but you will need that good clamp. My SBC2300 held to 500 ft/lbs but after that, it was never the same. I "thought" I had a 2500-2600 but when i took it apart it was the 2300. I would double check with Tim on the clamp load to be sure. :)

Thanks Marty, I’m excited to buy the southbend, I was just curious as to what makes the sb clutch so much stronger when they appear to be the same, I imagine despite both pp being 2700lbs the sb must be stronger

Thanks Donnie, I also remember bastarddsm saying he liked the 2900 with street disc I think when he was on a synchro trans, which I’ve also considered that route, just trying to avoid a twin disk LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back