The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Comments about "pics of your 420a Thread"

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigRand

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 17, 2004
Toronto, Ontario_Canada
This new thread is devoted to comments pertaining to the "pics of your 420a Thread" found here.....

"pics of your 420a Thread"

If you would like to ask questions about a person's thread or respond to a question do it here, and please refer to the Post # that you are responding too..

This way the thread can be devoted to pictures and less talkng.

In response to post #57 by Ivan300,

I'm running the turbo off the star kit with a .48 a/r (if someone has the exact specs please post them)......as for your 3" exhaust, is that turbo back without a cat or just a cat back when you say "3 inch exhaust" if not what size is your downpipe from the turbine?

sorry i should have explained better
to be exact its 2.5" for one foot just off the turbo then its full 3" all the way with no cat. It sounds very mean
its quiet when cruzing but when i step on it you can hear it from a block away ahah. I can set of car alarms easily. The sound is also very low and not raspy like hondas.

Attachments

• IMG_0187.jpg
    IMG_0187.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_0188.jpg
    IMG_0188.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 170
Good idea Rand :thumb:

Post #57
I am running some sort of Garrett/AiResearch T3 turbo. I measured out the fins for a trim level of 48 at one time and the inlet A/R is .42 and exhaust is .63

I build full boost (8 psi) around 3800 rpm, not sure if I have a leak somewhere or why it builds so late.

sorry i should have explained better
to be exact its 2.5" for one foot just off the turbo then its full 3" all the way with no cat. It sounds very mean
its quiet when cruzing but when i step on it you can hear it from a block away ahah. I can set of car alarms easily. The sound is also very low and not raspy like hondas.

Looks good. What kind of muffler is that?

Post numero 57:

Super 20G turbo with Mitsubishi Heavy Industries exhaust housing for T3 turbo. The housing change assists any turbo lag I may encounter.

As for full boost, I don't know. Maybe 4K at most. But once it hits: it HITS. I meen it goes from night to day unlike any other turbo I've felt before. I think I have a boost leak though. Actually, I'm almost positive I have a boost leak in the manifold gasket. Haven't cared enough to fix it yet.

Post numero 57:

Super 20G turbo with Mitsubishi Heavy Industries exhaust housing for T3 turbo. The housing change assists any turbo lag I may encounter.

As for full boost, I don't know. Maybe 4K at most. But once it hits: it HITS. I meen it goes from night to day unlike any other turbo I've felt before. I think I have a boost leak though. Actually, I'm almost positive I have a boost leak in the manifold gasket. Haven't cared enough to fix it yet.

Try riding in a ball-bearing turbo equipped car ;)

God, does everyone have a boost leak? I think I have a leak on my intake mani, who cares to fix them though right?

Mine hauls ass now, still waiting to get a little more miles on the new motor before I up the powa!

Rand I'll take you for a ride sometime, MS powered 2.0, it's nice and smooth.

God, does everyone have a boost leak? I think I have a leak on my intake mani, who cares to fix them though right?

Mine hauls ass now, still waiting to get a little more miles on the new motor before I up the powa!

Rand I'll take you for a ride sometime, MS powered 2.0, it's nice and smooth.

LOL, I can't wait man,

xceler8 has fixed pretty much every little leak he could find except for one.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back