1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Resolved Clutch wire and NLTS help

Posted by Mikealj, Jun 3, 2020

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support VR-Speed Factory
  1. Mikealj

Mikealj Proven Member

Joined Sep 17, 2004
    Firestone, Colorado
    I recently purchased a 99 GSX shell that I am trying to get back on the road. The shell did not have a wire harness so I purchased one from OHM.
    Here are the details:
    Cruise Control has been removed
    The car starts with the clutch switch plugged in while the clutch pedal is not pushed.
    A wire has been run from the black/red wire from the clutch safety switch to pin 91 on the ECU.
    ECM link is not seeing the clutch switch.

Is it possible to hook the other wire going to the switch to a power source? I do not want to damage the ECU by testing it out.
    Thanks in advance for any help..
    Mike

2. TK's9d2TSi

TK's9d2TSi Supporting Member

Joined Sep 11, 2017
    Cincinnati, Ohio

450  3

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Classic
    awd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

506  4

93 Civic 4 Door -sold-
    fwd · manual · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 3K  6

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    12.2 @ 120 · 1G DSM
  3. TK's9d2TSi

TK's9d2TSi Supporting Member

Joined Sep 11, 2017
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    If all is correct and wired correctly and link is still not seeing the clutchsw, take the other wire of the cruise clutch switch and ground it. It should see ground this way.

450  3

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Classic
    awd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

506  4

93 Civic 4 Door -sold-
    fwd · manual · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 3K  6

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    12.2 @ 120 · 1G DSM
  4. Mikealj

Mikealj Proven Member

Joined Sep 17, 2004
    Firestone, Colorado
    Thanks for the help. I followed the instructions on ecmtuning and I wired it before on a previous car so I am pretty familiar with it. I will ground the other wire and see if it shows.

5. Mikealj

Mikealj Proven Member

Joined Sep 17, 2004
    Firestone, Colorado
    Someone took the clutch pedal out and drilled holes where the clutch switch and the cruise control switch are so they were never engaging. After removing the switch twice to make sure it was working correctly I finally spotted it after I re-installed it the last time.

TK's9d2TSi likes this.