The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

420A Clutch recommendation

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emazzii- insta

Probationary Member
Mar 7, 2022
Adelanto ca, California
Anyone know or a good clutch to buy want to upgrade but I have a 99 eclipes GS

No need to upgrade unless you're making much more power than stock. Exedy makes good stock replacements. SouthEastern Clutch makes a good mild upgrade kit. Anything better like SouthBend will run you high dollar and isn't worth it, unless like I said you're making much more power than the car was built to handle.

Okay thanks cause I’m looking at this stage 2 clutch for 400 bucks so I think I might go with it and it’s Exedy Cerametallic

No need to upgrade unless you're making much more power than stock. Exedy makes good stock replacements. SouthEastern Clutch makes a good mild upgrade kit. Anything better like SouthBend will run you high dollar and isn't worth it, unless like I said you're making much more power than the car was built to handle.
I’m about to get this clutch called “South Bend / DXD Racing Clutch 95-99 Mitsubishi Eclipse Non-Turbo 2L Stg 2 Daily Clutch Kit (w/ FW)” for my turbo 420a, 1 will the throwout bearing be good it looks like the one I have and I need a new one 2 should I replace the clutch fork too?

I’m about to get this clutch called “South Bend / DXD Racing Clutch 95-99 Mitsubishi Eclipse Non-Turbo 2L Stg 2 Daily Clutch Kit (w/ FW)” for my turbo 420a, 1 will the throwout bearing be good it looks like the one I have and I need a new one 2 should I replace the clutch fork too?
The throwout bearing is probably a NSK or National, which is what almost every 420a clutch kit will come with. I don't see a reason not to use it.

No need to replace the clutch fork, unless it is abnormally damaged. They can last for quite some time. I'd be worried more about the pivot ball than the fork, but even those seem to last long. I normally try to shake the clutch fork and check for play when the transmission is out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back