The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Clutch Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattspyder

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 2, 2004
del taco, Wisconsin
I have some weird issues going on with my transmission. When I pull out in first gear, the clutch is grabbing and causing the car to shudder. This is only happening when I have the clutch pedal coming back out. The car shifts into gear fine. It's when I'm letting off the clutch it's grabbing hard and shacking the car. I can feel it in my clutch foot as well. This is also happening while down shifting once again while letting off the clutch. The clutch grabs very hard and studders the car.

Note to be made- Once my foot is off the clutch and going in gear, it's fine. I don't have the issue.

My trans specs are- stock trans with act 2100 clutch kit with lightweight act flywheel machined down to correct spec

Anyone got any suggestions?

Maybe something isnt lined up right, what all did you replace, did you adjust your clutch pedal?

Maybe your shifter cables are bad or the bushings are worn, maybe the transmission has some internal issues.

How are your motor mounts looking? Sounds like more than one are torn.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back