The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

clutch and flywheel upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aproductions

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 11, 2009
Allentown, Pennsylvania
I need a quick explanation of what the 7bolt fwd guys use for clutch and flywheels.

My goals are 350-400whp dailydriven....but I don't put alot of miles on ...I put 10,000 on in a year and 1/2.

I have about $660

1. clutch and pressure plate
2. flywheel

well if your going with act . you midess well get everything from them. fidanza flywheel i have heard good and bad. i heard that it sometimes gets loose. some bolt issue.

unless you havent upgraded your bearings i wouldnt recommend the act pressure plate it really strains them and might cause crankwalk.... although its usually a hit or miss some people can go for years with them and some just a couple miles.... your call tho.. i do like the act flywheel tho

I don't know how experienced you are with driving but i personal would recommend the ACT 2600 and the 6 puck disk its an excellent combo, but if you are not comfortable with the the stiffness in stop and go traffic i would say the ACT 2600 with the street disk or the 2100 /street disk. either one is suitable for your goals.

just went 11.60s on a spec stage 2+, a great clucth. i had drag issues with the 2600 act pp with ANY sprung disk, getting locked out of 2nd gear is very frustrating. My spec is very streetable., also look at south bend, there kevlar disks supposed to be even better then the spec one i have

South Bend Clutch SS-Series pressure plate with the TZ-Series kevlar full-face sprung clutch disk $435 plus fidanza flywheel at $190 for $625ish

Fidanza 2.1 Clutch for $288 plus fidanza pp for $480ish

stage 3 spec for $289 plus fidanza flywheel $480ish

ACT Xtreme (2600) Clutch Kit + Fidanza Flywheel for $619

South Bend Clutch SS-Series pressure plate with the TZ-Series kevlar full-face sprung clutch disk $435 plus fidanza flywheel at $190 for $625ish

Fidanza 2.1 Clutch for $288 plus fidanza pp for $480ish

ACT Xtreme (2600) Clutch Kit + Fidanza Flywheel for $619

The south bend SS series pp would be the best choise for the seven bolt motor and the TZ disk cant be beat. For your set up this would be the best clutch kit to go with. South bend makes some real nice high quality clutches.

that might be alittle out of my range when I come to think of it.

what about the fidanza or spec kits?

what would you guys ranks these in order?

Fidanza 3.2 Clutch for $352 plus fidanza pp for $540ish

what else would I need to get, besides the ss line and oem tob?

flywheel bolts?
fork?
pivot ball?

so should I go with the southbend ss series with the tz kevlar disk with fidanza flywheel for 625ish

or the the ACT heavy-duty Pressure Plate MB010 and ACT 6 puck solid race disc plus the fidanza flywheel for $580

is the sbc worth $45 more than the act

1. act

2. southbend

Well I'm trying to find some deals and I also wanna know what disk or plate I should not use for a 7 bolt.

Looking for 350-400 FWHP

1. I can get a act 2100, with F1 Racing 6 puck solid race disc and fidanza flywheel.
$485

2. Fidanza 3.2 with Fidanza flywheel for $550

3. some other option you may have under $600

I wanna get a fidanza flywheel so about $400 for the clutch kit or less.

I want the strongest pressure plate I can get without putting the 7bolt in danger, I would like to not get a clutch that the springs fall out, so either ones without them or ones that are good.

supports 350-400fwhp

thanks.

you can usually find used fidanza flywheels pretty cheap in the classifieds.. if you trust them that would be a good money saving rout.. and if needed in the future they sell replacement friction surfaces i believe

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back