The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Clacking/rumbling noise from back of car

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05Nissan350z

Proven Member
Oct 23, 2013
Canton, Ohio
Hey everyone, I have a horrible rumble almost clacking sort of noise (sounds like popeyes agagagaga) whenever I'm decelerating in gear no matter what gear I'm in. Unless I'm in neutral, or have the clutch pushed in. I'm on my 4th rear end, and it's made almost the same noise in each one. I say that because it's gotten worse over time. Also it is definitely come from the back end of the car. Was just wondering if anyone else has had this same issue and what it was!
Thank you

Also have you checked your exhaust hangers? See if its all connected right and that your exhaust isnt rubbing on something. Whenever you decelerate in gear the exhaust gets a louder tone thus vibrating more which could cause that sound. Im not saying thats the problem but its a start. . . Right?

I'm running a fender exit exhaust. It's on my tsi, and It's not the exhaust. Definitely something driveline related.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back