The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Chrysler Crossfire...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clipse

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 25, 2002
Renton, Washington
I had a run in with one of these things on the freeway last night. It looked like it was supposed to be fast...? Well, too make a long story short, he got his doors blown in. Anyone, know anything about these, are they supposed to be fast?

Well, I heard that they were fast. They are supposed to have like lots of hp, but i am not sure about the exact amount tho. It looks pretty sweet tho.

saw it on Car and Driver today, runs a 6.8 0-60 and a 15.8 1/4 if I remember correctly...I think it just looks fast.

It's either a 3.2L v6 or a 2.7Lv6. Both of those engines are what they put in the 99 and newer stratus, sebring, concorde, and intrepid. It's a rear wheel drive with front engine. Neither of those engine platforms are really monsters. Don't expect to see them hanging with any of the turbo cars.

It's s modest attempt at the sports car image that we're seeing with the Lexus, 350z, and such. Expect more from the SRT4 and not the Crossfire. At least not for now. Wait a year or two and they will be putting a hemi in one or two cars.
Doug

Originally posted by Doug99RS
It's either a 3.2L v6 or a 2.7Lv6. Both of those engines are what they put in the 99 and newer stratus, sebring, concorde, and intrepid. It's a rear wheel drive with front engine. Neither of those engine platforms are really monsters. Don't expect to see them hanging with any of the turbo cars.

It's s modest attempt at the sports car image that we're seeing with the Lexus, 350z, and such. Expect more from the SRT4 and not the Crossfire. At least not for now. Wait a year or two and they will be putting a hemi in one or two cars.
Doug

Yeah, I played with a SRT-4 not too long ago. That was a little different story, they're pretty fast.

The Crossfire is the best example of a pure DCX creation. The Crossfire is nothing more than a 320 CLK with a different body and an American name. Yes, those Mercs are fast, so this is too.

Its a fugly car.Id take the soon to be manufactured(So I hear) Dodge Charger.Four Door muscle car LOL:laugh:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back