The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Chris's retarted questions thread...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97gst_spyder

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 1, 2008
Lakeland, Florida
I have quite a few stupid off the wall DSM questions. I'm hoping that someone knows some info for me.

- I'm swapping the 95-96 FWD (Spyder) ABS system for the 98-99 AWD (Talon Auto) ABS setup.

I've already figured out that the actuator box is very much different, but what about the control box (I know its different, 2ch vs 4ch) but is it a direct swap, as in harness connector?

Also, AWD's have a separate G meter's, this means I have to swap harnesses correct?

- I'm in the middle of an AWD Auto swap, I have a full shell. Now I want the 'Tran Temp Warning Light' to work. I have the auto cluster but my car does not have the pins or bulb installed.

My idea was to just add the pin in the cluster port and call it a day, but what pin do I hook the cluster to in the auto harness?

**** I heard that 95 Autos had a T case temp light also, is this true? If so what do I need to make it work? ****

- Are FWD front wheel hub/bearings the same as AWD front hub/bearings?

- Has anyone used the AWD coupe fp harness in a Spyder chassis?

The only reason I ask is that their are different locations for the lock/keyless boxes, etc.

- Where is the Factory Anti-Theft ecu? - FOUND

Since I'm performing the swap from a 98 Talon to a 96 Eclipse - Will I need to swap the fuel filler neck assy?

- Can I use the driver (left) front axle assy with my car as is? Its from a 98, the engine is from a 97. The chassis is a 96. Do I need anything for this to bolt up except bolts?

Thats it for now!

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited:
Wow, I was hoping for at least one answer. But, I'll figure it out eventually.

Everyones to busy answering noobs!
But yea dude, i know gofer did it, and so did johnmarines, so shoot them a PM if you have to. I wish i could be more help man, but im looking into this as well.

It's part of the etacs-ecu.

Thanks! Thats what I thought but couldn't find anything on it.

Everyones to busy answering noobs!
But yea dude, i know gofer did it, and so did johnmarines, so shoot them a PM if you have to. I wish i could be more help man, but im looking into this as well.

Yea, I already bothered gofer about with some harness questions.

Thanks guys!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back