The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Cheapest AEM Stand alone

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I got my unit through dsmotorsport, I thought their price was good. Check them out and good luck!

hakcenter said:
ds-map is about as close to aem without the price (200-300 depending on parts price), and designed for our cars.

Runs speed density, full control over everything.

It's not even close to AEM. I wouldn't even know where to begin when comparing the two.

hakcenter said:
I beg to differ, find something within 200-300bux, for just parts (not the actual unit), that does offer:
Complete timing map
Complete open loop fuel map
Full injector / deadtime compensation (run any size injectors as if stock)
*Speed density*
Complete wideband support (no full closed loop operation, probably need a master to code it)
And has a few gimmicks from extra room left in the stock bin, ie knock gauge, studderbox, etc.

And its extremely easy to navigate. Sad part is, its offered to the community for FREE, and that includes support, all you have to do is purchase the parts.

It may not be AEM, and god I hope it never does. AEM EMS was designed for a wider range of motor vehicles, however at almost a 5th of the price, with practically all the goodies you ever really want, I would definatly say it is extremely comparable.

I'm not arguing the fact that Dsmap is a great tool and it definitely has it's place in the tuning market. It just doesn't compare to the AEM EMS, in any category except ease of use and price. The AEM EMS has so many features I could sit here for hours and tell you all of the things it can do. AEM isn't for everbody, but neither is Dsmap. I think it's great that somebody is offering a rom editor for the Dsm ecu for free, it doesn't have all of the feature's I'd like to have but it's still a good start.

nanookszy said:
does anyone know which vendor is the least expensive for the AEM stand alone system?

I bought my aem ems at JC whitney last Jun 2005. Wait for their 10% off coupon and free shipping/handling for purchases over $xxx. I also recieved a 90-day delay charging to your credit card special. Final cost was $1359.96

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back