The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

General Stand alone options

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lunch_Box

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 14, 2003
Sherwood Park, Alberta_Canada
I am about to rewire my car from the chasis wiring to the engine bay and am wondering what are some good options for running a stand alone. Obviously I wont be needing a plug and play set up and the plan is to run all GM sensors. I have been thinking about the ProEfi but haven't had any experience with it. Any adivce would be greatly appreciated.

You may want to look into the AEM EMS-4. It has all the tuneability of the AEM Series II EMS, but in a small, universal package that comes with a few wiring harness options (including just the connector and pins to make your own). It's been run on several DSMs already. The only thing you'll lose to the Series II would be the injector drivers (it has only 4, and they're high-impedance only like stock ECU, not Peak&Hold like Series II), a bit less as far as inputs/outputs, and support of the upcoming Series II V2.0 firmware which will do engine protection strategies and full FlexFuel.

However, even though you're doing a custom harness, there is something nice about the simplicity and capability of a Plug&Play like the Series II. The base calibration is great, and all the hard work is done for you. Plus you get the features mentioned above.

Or, if you've got the extra cash, wait a little bit longer for the AEM Infinity EMS to be publicly available as a universal with a DSM supported application, and don't look back. For the price, this thing will blow just about any other ECU out of the water. It'll do more than an equivalent Motec box that costs 2x the price. I'm running one on my racecar and I'll never go back.

Beau

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back