The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G CF Hatch & Hood

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carbonetics makes great CF parts for our cars if you are not in a hurry to get your parts. His lead time is usually months out.

I wouldn't bother with Carbonetics, the stuff isn't that nice and the ordering process is very sketchy at BEST, Seibon makes a great product if you can find one.

I wonder about the longevity of these parts though. You could probably make them last a long time by constantly washing and polishing them. I'm just not looking to buy new ones every 3-4 years.

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys. CarID does seem to be a good place for fiberglass and CF body parts... I bought my wheels and ignition wires from them as well.

I wonder about the longevity of these parts though. You could probably make them last a long time by constantly washing and polishing them. I'm just not looking to buy new ones every 3-4 years.

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys. CarID does seem to be a good place for fiberglass and CF body parts... I bought my wheels and ignition wires from them as well.

I bought mine in 2016 and the picture I posted above is 2021, it still looks perfect, however my car is a garage queen. If left outside the gen coat on carbon hoods tends to yellow pretty quick.

I did get the Carbon Creations hood for a good price in a short time, and it is OK. I had a VIS racing hood before, and there is a difference.

1. No holes in the Carbon Creations hood for washer sprayers?? That will cost me extra to have put in.
2. The latch on CC hood does not line up for me. The surface of the hood you press down to close is soft, so you can't put much force on it to close it. I'm looking at locating a lighter spring for the latch, and I need to tweak something in order for it to align. This will take extra shop time.
3. No support for the heat blanket - No holes or tabs - so this is going to be a custom heat shield project.

Anyone else have these kinds of issues?
Suggestions?

Last edited:
I did get the Carbon Creations hood for a good price in a short time, and it is OK. I had a VIS racing hood before, and there is a difference.

1. No holes in the Carbon Creations hood for washer sprayers?? That will cost me extra to have put in.
2. The latch on CC hood does not line up for me. The surface of the hood you press down to close is soft, so you can't put much force on it to close it. I'm looking at locating a lighter spring for the latch, and I need to tweak something in order for it to align. This will take extra shop time.
3. No support for the heat blanket - No holes or tabs - so this is going to be a custom heat shield project.

Anyone else have these kinds of issues?
Suggestions?
I have owned 2 CC oem style hoods. 1st one wasn’t latched or pinned by my tuner before a street tune and was destroyed and the second one I still have sitting in the corner of the garage. Both I felt were very cheaply made and had terrible fitment. Not only do you have to cut out the holes for the washer sprayers but I also had to cut out the hole for the latch. I’ve had the same alignment issues with the latch on both hoods and the one I had longer has started spyder cracking above the latch due to how hard you have to push it down to get it to close. No holes for a heat shield as well and if you have a unwrapped tubular manifold like I did it will make the underside fiberglass brittle and start to spyder crack really fast. Overall imo a very poor quality cheaply made hood. My buddy has a carbonetics hood although not oem style and the quality looks amazing and the fitment is perfect. I personally just bought a VIS carbon fiber hood to replace the CC and it seems to be great quality CF but I have yet to install it to speak on the fitment.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back