The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

CAS question (adjustable cam gears)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bNasty

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 15, 2009
Chantilly, Virginia
All right so im making progress on the build for my talon. I have a 2ga 95-96 style head, my question is i know on the 95-96 cars the cas was on the intake cam, but obviously for my build i upgraded cams and cam gears, so what do i need to do to make the cas work? should i upgrade to a 97-99 cas or what?

My 1997 Eclipse has a '95-'96 head and a '95-'96 wiring harness but I'm still running a '97-'99 CAS, all you need to do is get a '97-'99 CAS plug off of a '97-'99 wiring harness and a '97-'99 CAS.

-Cut a CAS connector off of a '97-'99 wiring harness
-Cut your existing CAS connector off of your '95 wiring harness
-Solder in your new '97-'99 CAS plug (the wires are the same color so its self explanatory)
-Install your '97-'99 CAS in the head (10mm bolt)
-Plug in your CAS connector and your done

:dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back