The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Car running horribly after fuel adjustment

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaggy_357

15+ Year Contributor
May 30, 2004
Lawton, Oklahoma
Backstory: I had a pretty decent tune on the car but it always ran at bit rich (cruising at 12-13:1 ) so I attempted to lean it out. I read that the evo 560s flowed more like 575s, so I set the global according to that. Since then, the car has been running in the 15:1 to --- reading on the AEM UEGO. DSMLink's estimate shows 14.7-ish but the car isnt running well enough to believe it. The car is bucking (almost like a misfire or unplugged vacuum line) at around 2.5k with light throttle. I can go to about mid-throttle and it smooths out but the car has very little power. I've tried to reset the idle tune, but as soon as the car is moving it acts as I described.Mods in profile are accurate and I just verified nothing mechanical has changed. Short of finding a factory tune to load and starting again, I'm at a loss. I'm hoping you guys can tell me what I've managed to screw up or at least how to start fresh.

(Workdamnyou is a log with the settings just keeping it running, screwyoucar is after a quick attempt at resetting the idle tune)

Sorry for the long read and thanks in advance,

I think I have it sorted. I somehow managed to leave the AEM on the P0 setting and didnt enable the narrowband sim. Not sure how it was running so well before LOL. I checked the narrowband sim box and adjusted the global fuel to -19.6 and added 50 microseconds to the deadtime. It produced a good idle, but does that seem right for evo 560s?

Thanks again,

Attachments

• screwyoucar.elg
    405.8 KB · Views: 39
  • workdamnyou.elg
    252.2 KB · Views: 30
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back