The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Cant find coolant leak!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

96dsmftw

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2011
Richmond, Kentucky
I have a leak of coolant that is not terrible but still enough to get me on here. For the past few weeks there has been a trail of coolant from under my car in the morning, and the weird part it only happens on Sunday mornings, after sitting overnight. Anyways, the firewall inside of the engine bay is dry and I have looked all over and cannot find it. It is on the drivers side, almost looks like under where the steering column goes through the bottom of the car. Below is a video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

It is dripping through that seam in the metal. I don't know where it is coming from. Is there coolant going to the power steering?? Looked through the haynes manual and didnt see anything. THanks

Get a coolant pressure tester. It is a pump that goes on your coolant pressure cap. Apply pressure and search leaks. They are kinda pricey, but if you can rent one or get one from a friend....it is your best bet at finding the leak easily.

You can rent one from any auto zone with just a deposit. Also use uv dye that's made to go in coolant and the uv light (they sell kits) and either run the car or use the pressure tester. You'll see the dye glowing under the uv light.

Again agreed you need a pressure tester to locate the leak. Could be coming from your water pump possibly if it comes from the drivers side area like you said.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back