The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Cant decide on alternator and other parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilly17

Probationary Member
Jul 14, 2021
Clarkston, Michigan
Hey all, I have a 97 eagle talon tsi awd with the 6 bolt swap and my alternator is on the way out. Im trying to find a replacement, and other parts, but I keep seeing so many conflicting answers that I just need to be set straight. This is my first project car let alone my first DSM and I just want the right stuff. Ive seen people say that either a 1g alternator or a 2g one will work fine with my engine but I have also seen people saying they are completely different and arent interchangeable. I just want to know the best place to look and what I should be getting, I don't want anything reman ill get all new stuff and Im not too concerned about price I just want quality parts that fit right. Any other advice about projects is welcome too!

im also looking to get a new ecu im just not sure if I should go with a megasquirt, or if I should go with the dsmlink or a piggyback ecu. Open to any suggestions!

For a direct swap, you'll want another 2G alternator. The 1G and 2G alternators have different electrical connectors. As mentioned, there are higher amp output units as well that require a little more work but still nothing crazy.

For a direct swap, you'll want another 2G alternator. The 1G and 2G alternators have different electrical connectors. As mentioned, there are higher amp output units as well that require a little more work but still nothing crazy.
since I have the 1g 6 bolt swap in my 2g, should I look for a 1g alternator? Also what are some good high output ones?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back