The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Camshaft CEL is leading to much trouble-shooting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xI Dsmman Ix

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 15, 2010
Sandwich, Illinois
Hey, well long story short, I put a scan tool on it and it gave me the CEL code P0340 (camshaft postion sensor a, circurt malfunction bank 1). So I did a continuity test on the pins of the connector of the CMP. Pin one to ground has to be around 4.5 to 5.5 voltage, it came up as 4.99 which is good. Now when I did pin 2 to ground it came up as 2.39 volts, but it's suppose to be between 8.5 and 9.5. So I spliced my newly CMP connector at pin 2 (yellow wire), and I wired it straight to the yellow wire via a new wire at the PCM to see if there is a short and it still is reading 2.39 volts. I read the wiring diagram and the crankshaft position sensor and VSS is on the yellow wire as well and it is not throwing any codes for them. My consensus is that maybe my PCM finally went? I'm not sure where to look after doing all that.
Thanks guys,
-Miguel

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back