The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Caliper pin is stripped

Please Support Morrison Fabrication

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phishin84

Probationary Member
Apr 23, 2005
Boonton Twp, New_Jersey
Hey guys, i was going to change the passenger side brakes out and right away noticed that the head on the lower cailper pin is all rounded off. The top one is perfect and broke loose easily. I tried the bottom one for a while but was already in too poor of shape to get it loose using a socket or a wrench. Then i resorted to some big ass vice grips. Even those wouldnt budge the thing.
Whats the next best way to get it out? Should i drill the end of it out where it threads in? After that i could just slide the rest of it out and replace it.
What do you guys think?

The same thing happened to my 2g when I went to take the caliper bracket off of the caliper itself. The best fix for me was to replace the whole assmebly. Just unbolt the whole thing from your car and bring it in to get your core charge back.

I ended up getting 2 front loaded 2g GSX calipers (new calipers, pistons, caliper brackets, bolts, brake pads, all pre-lubed) for $108 from Autozone.

For both '92 GSX front calipers, they only charge $80.99.

It could be a good chance for you to upgrade to the dual piston front calipers for fairly cheap.

wow... thats a deal right there.. thanks for the idea, sounds like an easier option. i might see what the cheapest thing i can get is because i plan on doing a bigger brake upgrade this summer, i just need something to get me by. And i just did the one side today with new pads and a rotor, so i need to do the other one pronto. Thanks again!

When I first changed my pads, one of the bolts was rounded off all to hell. Ended up having to take the whole caliper off & use a crowbar/vise/saw/hammer to get it out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back