The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Bw s259 on the Dyno

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much are his chips? Does he do dual image chips because I dont run E85...or would I have to throw another chip in to run C16?

So when you get your chip put in you dont have to make any adjustments what so ever when hes done?

Yes Andrei does dual image chips so if you wanted you can tune your car for pump and c16 if you wanted. 75 bucks for the chips. 175 hour for the dyno tune. My chip is dual image. I dont run pump gas its no fun.:notgood: The E85 is a blastROFL

Yes Andrei does dual image chips so if you wanted you can tune your car for pump and c16 if you wanted. 75 bucks for the chips. 175 hour for the dyno tune. My chip is dual image. I dont run pump gas its no fun.:notgood: The E85 is a blastROFL

How long does it normally take him to tune your car? So you have E85 and a race fuel tune? If so what did you dyno on race gas? Im sure 93 oct wont be to bad with my meth injection.

I do run e85 all the time. I dont run 93 unless Im on E and there isnt a pump for miles with e85. Im 15min from a e85 pump so its very very you catch me running pump gas.

Ok so I got this going on this weekend. I test fit it today and the turbine housing is hitting the block. My question is how much of this turbine housing can I grind down??

Attachments

• t3.jpg
    t3.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 559
  • t32.jpg
    t32.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 569
Hoo man, better ask David Hall. He would know about how thick the casting is there, and how much you can take out of it without having it crack on you later. I'm sure he'll say it will void the warranty on the housing.
Abel, you're talking about the hot side aren't you?

Gary

Personally, I would rather have you purchase a different manifold that will properly fit than grinding on a turbine housing. What specific exhaust manifold are you using?

Ok so I got this going on this weekend. I test fit it today and it seem the turbine housing is hitting the block. I my question is how much of this turbine housing can I gind down??

Would a spacer from Head to manifold work? they come in 1/2" i believe

That would work. You will need longer exhaust manifold studs installed.

Ok so I got this going on this weekend. I test fit it today and it seem the turbine housing is hitting the block. I my question is how much of this turbine housing can I gind down??

Damn that sucks man. Yea I would look into a spacer before you start grinding. Good luck I hope to see it running in person soon. Maybe we can go to some "spirited driving" LOL

Hey Abel! I'm going to show you my entire collection of flange pics. Take your pick. Cheapest one is at the top - Road Race Engineering. The other ones are a lot more beautiful but you won't really see it in your application!

Gary

Attachments

• flange, RRE.JPG
    flange, RRE.JPG
    12.5 KB · Views: 376
  • flange, roadrace engineering.jpg
    flange, roadrace engineering.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 371
  • flange, Vibrant.JPG
    flange, Vibrant.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 511
  • flange, streettunedmotorsports.jpg
    flange, streettunedmotorsports.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 518
  • flange, JMFab, looks beautiful.jpg
    flange, JMFab, looks beautiful.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 386
Well I grind ed down a little on the turbine housing and a little on the block. I almost have it. Just a little more on the block and I will have it. Should be running by Sat.

Personally, I would rather have you purchase a different manifold that will properly fit than grinding on a turbine housing. What specific exhaust manifold are you using?

Slowboy t3 tubular stainless. If the flange was angled just a bit this wouldn't have been a problem. Guess you pay for what you get. I didn't have the dough for a t3 manifold. This looked way better than some eBay manifold. My Buddie had this I got it cheap enough. I know that the retail on this was up there. So all in all not tomuch grinding was needed looks like another 1/16 of inch off the block should be plenty.

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!! T3 is the way to go!! Spins the tires 2 and 3 with no problems. Pulls a lot harder up top. I lost about 300 rpms of spool up. When the boost hits it hits hard and fast. Im going to try and make it to the dyno next weekend so we can get some before and after.

Nice to hear you got it together. Ive still got 500 miles left to break in the tranny, plus I have alot of goodies that need to be installed (Bov recirc, New intercooler set up with 3" pipe, Meth kit, Yellow Koni Sports, SS manifold studs, blacked out tail lights, new rims with mickey thompson DR's and the final copy of my dual image chip). After thats all installed the car will be going in for some body work and a new black paint job. Two of my stock rims will have to be powder coated black to match the rest of the car.

Was running 27psi.. I messed up the tranny last night. I think the shift fork is what broke. It messed up last night when I was toying with a mustang with spray going from 2nd to 3rd Im going to pull the tranny and see whats up with it. If its fixable then i will fix it. If not Im going to keep a look out on the classifieds for a built tranny. Or spend the money on a shep or the jacks transmission. The jacks premium tranny looks tempting.

Was running 27psi.. I messed up the tranny last night. I think the shift fork is what broke. It messed up last night when I was toying with a mustang with spray going from 2nd to 3rd Im going to pull the tranny and see whats up with it. If its fixable then i will fix it. If not Im going to keep a look out on the classifieds for a built tranny. Or spend the money on a shep or the jacks transmission. The jacks premium tranny looks tempting.

Sorry to here that. I have a used but in excellent shape awd tranny in the 1g parts car here at my house. let me know if you might need it. I have to pull it out if you do.

So I read all 4 pages, and I didn't see anything about the Mitsu housing (I mean, I didn't see anyone ask if you would be willing to sell the housing...) SO... Would you be interested in selling the DSM bolt on hotside?

Well if its not one thing its another :)
Yea built tranny's are a little pricey. Even after I thought I knew how much mine was going to cost they added an extra $400 because some of my gears wernt in good enough shape.

Sorry to here that. I have a used but in excellent shape awd tranny in the 1g parts car here at my house. let me know if you might need it. I have to pull it out if you do.

Well HMMM.. Its just the shift fork that is broke. My tranny is a 90 with double syncro 2nd already and has a rebuild.. I am looking for a 92 and up tranny for a decent price. I need one to send to jacks transmissions so I dont have to pay the extra 250.oo and the extra 119.oo for the 2g center diff housing and the evo 5th gear.. Im tired of dealing with tranny issues and Im going to bite the built an buy a built tranny. Im looking into the premium tranny from jacks.

So I read all 4 pages, and I didn't see anything about the Mitsu housing (I mean, I didn't see anyone ask if you would be willing to sell the housing...) SO... Would you be interested in selling the DSM bolt on hotside?

Sorry that was sold about a week ago. I traded it for a set of bee hive springs and retainers plus 150.00 bucks for the bep bolt on housing a punishment recriculated 38mm 02 housing.

Ok so I pulled the tranny out and took it apart. The shift fork broke and thats it. I have another and the car should be running before the weekend. Im going to try and make it up to the dyno this weekend so we can see some numbers with the new set up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back