The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Bw s259 on the Dyno

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmmatt28

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 24, 2007
Arlingotn, Texas
Well on the dyno 455hp 410tq @ 30lbs on the bw s259 on the dsm turbine housing.

Im going to swap over to a t3 turbine housing next month. This is on a mustang dyno which reads a little lower than a dyno jet which is 8% difference. So on a dyno jet the car would have put down 490hp @30lbs. This is on e85 with 24 * timming. mods are in my profile. I have a dyno sheet will post up later. YouTube - Awdturbo4 Dyno #2 YouTube - Awdturbo4 Dyno #1

Nice dyno! Are you going to be switching to the AR .70 vband housing? What manifold?

Yes I had the 2nd wally in there this time. Yeah Im going to post up the dyno jet dyno sheet aswell. I made 483 on that one @30lbs and ran out of fuel pump. Now on this go around it was on mustang dyno awd @30 lbs with the 2nd wally I didnt run out of fuel and 455hp. So if you add the 8% difference from dynos its pretty close.

So if you add the 8% difference from dynos its pretty close.

You know I've been thinking about this and 8% is about right for the difference between running awd and running 2-wheel drive. But here you also had the difference between Dynojet and Mustang dynos, and as far as I know Mustangs read lower than dynojets even if it's an awd Dynojet. So if I were to guess at what your car today would have done on the 2 wheel drive Dynojet, I would add the 8% like you did for awd to 2wd, then add some more for the difference between Mustang and Dynojet. Don't know how much for that but anyway I bet it would have been well over 500 hp on that 2wd dynojet today.

Gary

Yeah I love this turbo. I cant wait to go to the t3 with the .70ar. I will return to the dyno so we can compare numbers from the dsm turbine housing to the t3 style turbine housing and see what the difference is. Im thinking maybe a 60hp increase or more @ the same boost level with a little more lag.

Yeah I love this turbo. I cant wait to go to the t3 with the .70ar. I will return to the dyno so we can compare numbers from the dsm turbine housing to the t3 style turbine housing and see what the difference is. Im thinking maybe a 60hp increase or more @ the same boost level with a little more lag.

Go to the same dyno this time! ROFL I mean the Mustang dyno.

Fuel pressure is around 41 psi @ idle with the vac line on,

Well, I thought fp was supposed to be ~43.5 at idle with the vac line disconnected, then when you put the vac line on it should lower the fp by whatever your idle vacuum is. So that would subtract maybe 13 psi? You'd have ~30 psi with the vac line on? I guess I wouldn't worry about it as long as your car idles ok. But it sounds to me like the pumps are over-running either the regulator or the return line at idle.

Gary

im running the t3 .70 housing
Where are you getting spool at? Say 20psi? I get it at about 4400-4600rpm depending on gear and load and where im driving. The way the boost ramps up, im sure if i turned it up to like 30psi id have that by 4800-4900 rpm. None of this is on a loggable boost sensor though, its all my eyes so it could be a little earlier, because once it hits, the car flies so its hard to keep track of everything while driving the car straight!

I really like the bigger housing, I get better gas mileage because i can stay out of boost, but if i stab the gas theres barely any lag (unless im at like 2000 rpm but i only punch it from there if im tuning). Im sure you'll like it also, should open up the top end power.

I need to hurry up and get on the dyno so we can compare #'s

Anyways, once again good numbers! Thats power for 10's!!! Gets me excited because i was hoping for lowish 11's, but if this turbo can make that kind of power its going to be a fun season!

I really love these S200 series turbochargers from BW they are really good units.

I must say though your exhaust has the turbine flutter very muffled.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back