The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Bw s259 on the Dyno

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I think I would rather have the spare tire over the sub and amp...but thats just me....LOL
I wont see 600 whp until after my turbo takes a dump. Hopfully that wont be for a while.

Would have to have full size spare then especially with a welded center diff or spool. Screw A/C, P/S, Spare, and Bumpers. :thumb:

Nice numbers man. Gratz on winning the dyno day as well.

That is most likely overestimated. Even without seeing a log, 63 lbs/min =/= 450-500 whp unless there are other extenuating issues.

I'm interested in seeing how it behaves with the new turbine housing though.

Ok here you go....877-784-0379 ask for David. This is the guy that runs bullseye and test and assembles the turbos. You can tell him that his s259 doesnt flow 63lbs. I talked with him a few times and this is what he told me so do what you want.. I will be returning back to the dyno with the t3 set up and from what we talked about. He belives I will make 100hp just swaping turbine housings. I dont know but soon I will be finding out.:hmm::hmm:

Awesome numbers.Im running the s258 with dsm housing too so im curious to see how much a difference swapping housing will do.

I never said the turbo does not have the potential to flow 63 lbs/min. I thought you said you were flowing 63 when you were on the dyno, which is what I disagreed with.

Ok here you go....877-784-0379 ask for David. This is the guy that runs bullseye and test and assembles the turbos. You can tell him that his s259 doesnt flow 63lbs. I talked with him a few times and this is what he told me so do what you want.. I will be returning back to the dyno with the t3 set up and from what we talked about. He belives I will make 100hp just swaping turbine housings. I dont know but soon I will be finding out.:hmm::hmm:

How much longer do you think it will be until you hit the dyno again? I have 800 miles left to break in my Tranny (I almost broke down the other day when this corvett wouldnt leave me alone...LOL). I think ive only heard the BOV like 4 times since ive had the car back. Anyways I am getting my car tuned on the dyno (93 oct, 93 w/meth injection and C16) as soon as I knock out the rest of those miles...Aaron is gong also with his new turbo set up. If you want to go the same time that would be cool. We dont know where yet but Ill go where ever brian normally goes.

I proabaly going up to Alamo. Im busy with school right now. I have 2 papers to write. So Im not sure when Im going to get that set up on. I have it all sitting waiting to go in I just fabed up a dump tube to day. I should have it all on by the end of the month.

I proabaly going up to Alamo. Im busy with school right now. I have 2 papers to write. So Im not sure when Im going to get that set up on. I have it all sitting waiting to go in I just fabed up a dump tube to day. I should have it all on by the end of the month.

Im not a big fan of Alamo so that probably wont be where we go. I think he goes to some place in Garland if im not mistaken. I know what you mean about being busy with school. I hate reading and im supposed to have a whole book read by next week (like thats even possible for me..LOL). Not to mention all of the damn algebra hw assigned every week (I have 3 lessons due tomorrow). Im not allowed to work on my car at my apartment...Brians been doing all the work to my car this time around.

I really need to go back up to Abel Racing to let Andrei have some one on one time with it. Im just going up to Alamo to get a base hp difference and see what it will do at 25psi. Im going to try and tune it as much as I can and run as much boost that I can before my afrs get out of line. Andrei does my eprom chip custom with my car straped to the dyno. So to get it really dialed in Im going to up to Okalahoma in April. Im going to Alamo just to see where it is with the t3 set up and going to to try and dial it in just a bit. To get it really dialed in for 35psi im going to wait to see Andrei on that one plus i would like to get the intake manifold on there too before I go up to see Andrei.

I really need to go back up to Abel Racing to let Andrei have some one on one time with it. Im just going up to Alamo to get a base hp difference and see what it will do at 25psi. Im going to try and tune it as much as I can and run as much boost that I can before my afrs get out of line. Andrei does my eprom chip custom with my car straped to the dyno. So to get it really dialed in Im going to up to Okalahoma in April. Im going to Alamo just to see where it is with the t3 set up and going to to try and dial it in just a bit. To get it really dialed in for 35psi im going to wait to see Andrei on that one plus i would like to get the intake manifold on there too before I go up to see Andrei.

Oh I see. I didnt realize that you were chipped also. Most of the local guys swear by Link. I have a keydiver chip and safcII w/ Maft also. I didnt realize people tuned and tweaked the chips at the same time. Sounds like somthing I should look into.

Yeah. They do eprom chips @ abels racing. Andrei is the man on these there. He doesn't do mail order chips though. He straps your car to the dyno and burns the chip while car is on the dyno so tune is perfect with a eprom. All of there race cars are eprom including the 9.9 sec auto they have up there.

Yes I ran out of fuel . I didnt have the twin wally set up. When i went back to the Awd dyno It was on a mustang dyno in awd mode I did have the twin wally set up. Yes you can see and the end of the sheet where the power drops cause of loss of fuel pressure there. around 6500 rpm-6800 started to go to lean there. I really need to go over to my buddies to upload the mustang dyno sheet. At the same spot it went a little rich with the dual wally set up. Went to 11.8 afr at the same spot. If I leaned it out a bit right there would have made more power. I had already won the dsm dyno day and didnt want to push it any more so i left it as is.

Yes I ran out of fuel . I didnt have the twin wally set up. When i went back to the Awd dyno It was on a mustang dyno in awd mode I did have the twin wally set up.

Like you said in my thread I should be around 480hp @ 30psi. So maybe the warped head and coolant being pushed held me back a lot. I made 409hp @25psi and from my calculation even if I could have turned the boost up to 30 psi I still would have only been around say estimated 450hp.:confused:

Yeah but im might be running more timing than what you are. What is your timing set at? Yes pushing coolant and warped head means you are losing compression in that cylinder which means your losing power too.

Yeah but im might be running more timing than what you are. What is your timing set at? Yes pushing coolant and warped head means you are losing compression in that cylinder which means your losing power too.

20 degree max. we gained about 2.5 horspower for every 1 degree of timing added. We added until it knocked a little and then we backed off 1 degree so as not to get any knock. We ended up at about 20 degrees.

If your going to be running e85 your going to need the dual wally set up and you want to make past 470hp . You might get away with the 880cc your going to be pusing them really really hard past 100% IDC. I have a buddie that put down 457 on a fp green using 650cc but that was a 93pump and e/85 mix. Here you go http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/301386-457hp-400tq-e85-mix.html

Just to add to the fuel pump discussion, I'm almost maxing out 950's on a single 255HP through all stock fuel lines at 30 psi of boost (73 psi total fuel pressure) and have had no signs of the fuel pump not keeping up.

Based on regression from RRE's old fuel pump flow data, ~920 cc/min or so flow per injector (220.8 lph) is the theoretical max of the rewired 255HP.

Yeah. They do eprom chips @ abels racing. Andrei is the man on these there. He doesn't do mail order chips though. He straps your car to the dyno and burns the chip while car is on the dyno so tune is perfect with a eprom. All of there race cars are eprom including the 9.9 sec auto they have up there.

How much are his chips? Does he do dual image chips because I dont run E85...or would I have to throw another chip in to run C16?

So when you get your chip put in you dont have to make any adjustments what so ever when hes done?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back