The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Build your own rear end bushings

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you have a sloppy rear end and would like bushings similar to the ones RRE sells but don't have time to wait, you can make your own in a few easy steps.

1st gather the supplies needed. You will need to contact a local machine shop or mill that can machine you the "tube" needed. Here are the dimensions.

Machined "Tube" ( I did Stainless)
Center:
.55 Id (On my next set I'd go a little tighter on ID so you may want to measure and do a little tighter ID yourself but this works fine)
1.0 OD
Outer ring:
1.87 ID
2.15 OD (This is a tight fit but went in perfect with a machine press)
Form: (not needed but gives a finished look)
.05 recess from 1.0 to center and 1.87 to end.

Urethane compound is found here.
PMC®-790 Urethane Rubber Product Information | Smooth-On

The hard part is over and now lets make some bushings!

1. Use a little clay or mothers clay bar and place a small bead around the bottom of the tube.

2. Press everything into the mold and mix up your urethane following all directions.

3. Pour leaving a little 16th of an inch from the top.
Optional: If your worried about all the little air bubbles go get your or your wife's electric tooth brush and pull the head off. Now use the little vibrating wire to dip into the urethane and all the air will rise to the top. Now just make sure you wipe it off and don't tell your wife!

4. That's it!

So far I have a few months of driving with zero signs of wear.

Attachments

• IMG_7725.jpg
    IMG_7725.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_7721.jpg
    IMG_7721.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_7722.jpg
    IMG_7722.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_7724(1).jpg
    IMG_7724(1).jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_7726.jpg
    IMG_7726.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_7731.jpg
    IMG_7731.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 277
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back