The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

build sheet

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh38127

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 2, 2009
Memphis, Tennessee
Heres what I'm workin on guys. For my first build I have a 4g63T 6-bolt block stock bore. 272 Brain C Cams, Fidanza cam gears, Complete Engine TOPLINE Rebuild Kit(My buddy is putting out 400hp with same kit), 3-gen lifters and Graveyard DSM racing vavles. I decided to go with the Evo 16g Turbo. MY buddy gave me a 2nd stage HKS Clutch. I also bought a ETS FMIC Street Kit. I also have a welbro fuel pump. Does anybody have idea on my build or suggestions for me.:hellyeah:hoping for a great build

AFPR - Aeromotive or FueLab
Wideband - Innovate LC-1
Injectors - depends on tuning device, but as large as you can get (I prefer FIC injectors)
Tuning - DSmap (speed density possibly), ECMlink, etc. All depends on what functionality you want and how much you want to spend.

There might also be a bunch of little OEM stuff you want/should get. Examples being timing belt, throw out bearing, clutch fork/fulcrum ball, master/slave cylinder, etc. Just thoroughly look over the car and pick out everything and anything you think might need or should be replaced a few times to make sure you catch it all. There are probably some things in the Topline rebuild kit that I wouldn't use, so do you some research on that.

Depends on what you want to do with the car. The Wideband is essential in my opinion. So thats one thing, the AFPR depending on what size pump you get(still a good idea regardless), as well as some injectors and tuning. Be smart and consider your tuning options before you go out and blow your money on some 1000cc injectors and have no way to tune for them. So decide what tuning platform you are going to use and select an appropriate size injector based off of your options.

AFPR - Aeromotive or FueLab
Wideband - Innovate LC-1
Injectors - depends on tuning device, but as large as you can get (I prefer FIC injectors)
Tuning - DSmap (speed density possibly), ECMlink, etc. All depends on what functionality you want and how much you want to spend.

There might also be a bunch of little OEM stuff you want/should get. Examples being timing belt, throw out bearing, clutch fork/fulcrum ball, master/slave cylinder, etc. Just thoroughly look over the car and pick out everything and anything you think might need or should be replaced a few times to make sure you catch it all. There are probably some things in the Topline rebuild kit that I wouldn't use, so do you some research on that.

Thats one of the first things I did.I replaced the weak links (trans axles and slave cylinder so its OEM or better. I was reading about a DSM-link.. thoughts..I also thought about removing the emissions crap, and using a GM mas. Would I have to do anything to the ECM

what head gasket? MLS or composite?
what machine work do you plan on having done?

QUOTE=BogusSvt what head gasket? MLS or composite?
what machine work do you plan on having done.

composite head gaskets. no work except for stage 2 head port and polish. and might get the crank & rods blanced that it for now.

for I fuel I am gonna get welbro pump FIC Bluemax 850cc injectors,AEM High-Flow Fuel Rail and FIC Aeromotive AFPR. DSMlink V3. Anyone else got any other advise;have I messed anything. Thank you guys for all the help.

You don't need a upgraded fuel rail, the stocker will be fine. The fuel pump your talking about is called walbro not welbro.

You may want some ARP head studs. I don't think anyone mentioned that. Also, I would recommend a OEM Oil Pump and BSEK.

You don't need a upgraded fuel rail, the stocker will be fine. The fuel pump your talking about is called walbro not welbro.

You may want some ARP head studs. I don't think anyone mentioned that. Also, I would recommend a OEM Oil Pump and BSEK.

thanks I'll get some ARP's. Walbro.. thanks really do feel like a noob now

the composite HG is more forgiving.... so the surface finish is not as critical as a MLS... DO NOT LET THE MACHINE SHOP BELT SURFACE/SAND THE HEAD!!

you may want to do this simple oil mod at the same time too....
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/341028-4g63t-head-oil-port-mod.html

if your doing port work, I would say change the valve springs also, I like The BC1100 with stock retainers....
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/341209-4g63t-valve-spring-info.html
and why I do....
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/341287-how-test-valve-springs.html

since your doing port work, and a Valve job will have to be done, you may consider dropping in a set of the ENGBLDR +1mm Stainless steel valves

the composite HG is more forgiving.... so the surface finish is not as critical as a MLS... DO NOT LET THE MACHINE SHOP BELT SURFACE/SAND THE HEAD!!

you may want to do this simple oil mod at the same time too....
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/341028-4g63t-head-oil-port-mod.html

if your doing port work, I would say change the valve springs also, I like The BC1100 with stock retainers....
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/341209-4g63t-valve-spring-info.html
and why I do....
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/341287-how-test-valve-springs.html

since your doing port work, and a Valve job will have to be done, you may consider dropping in a set of the ENGBLDR +1mm Stainless steel valves

Thanks I am gonna do that man.

keep us posted on how it pans out for you!

Glad to help!

I found out today I'm getting laid off. So want buget car. What if I keep my Stock 14b turbo(freshed up),I still have a stage 2ported head, non surfaced, BC1100 springs & Stainless steel valves. 2g Manifold. FIC Aeromotive AFPR. I am going pull motor to replace gaskets. Is it worth raising the commpression to 8.1? how will it affect boost?How much boost could a I push

I am still going to run my HKS FMIC to help with detonation and air temp on the hotter days. Any ideas the HP increase I can expect
I already have the BSEK And ordered ARP Bolts

also What effects would BrainC (272)cams this project. Am I better off with the stockers.

Last edited:
Its better not to raise the compression on a turbo'd car. It would be more important to have the head milled then the port work.

Also, what are your plans for tuning, this would be more important than cams.

Its better not to raise the compression on a turbo'd car. It would be more important to have the head milled then the port work.

Also, what are your plans for tuning, this would be more important than cams.

I just about have all the parts listed above. I just need injectors I am going with FIC just unsure about the size. I have been hearing about a Dsmlink could do all the proper tuning. A few guy said I need a wideband. Do I have to have it.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back