The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Budget Tires and rims on 1G

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew7DG

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 11, 2004
Rosemount, Minnesota
Ok so my stock tires are wore out on my car and the front rim is bent.

I am looking for a decent set of rims and tires that would handle well. However I am kind of on a budget.
My goal is to have a good handling car though by the end of this summer. I want to run tires that are good on the street (in other words won't wear out too fast)

What do people suggest for a good budget street tires? Also what do people recomend for rims (brand and size)? I would like to run 17" because I want to upgrade the breaks later but should I run 18" (too large?) I am just looking for something simple, not flashy. I have heard stories on how people have bought rims only to have then bent under load. I am kind of new to buying performance tires and rims, is there a brand that DSMs go by?

Thanks

I would stick to 17''. 18'' you will start running into problems. I hear that Kumho tires are pretty good for the price, and for rims I would choose motegi. You can go to tirerack.com to check out a range of rims on your car. Just go their and enter your year make and model.

You should look into gettin 97-99 GSX wheels. they might have some in the classifieds. Or ebay has knock off ones. I think they look great on 1g's and there less expensive then motegi wheels. And I have seen some bad things happen to motegi wheels.
-Adam

If you want a nice lightweight wheel, check out Rota's. I bought a set of gt3's for $450, shipped from www.gtmwheels.com

Lightweight wheels, usually around 12lbs each and rarely hear of someone bending one.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back