The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Brake pedal engaging starter

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesse12345

Proven Member
Jul 30, 2014
Down the block, Minnesota
Well I ran into my first big issue with swapping from a 420a to 4g63. I swapped all the harnesses except the one one under the dash because i thought they were somewhat the same.everything plugged into everything the same. I don't know if this was a previous issue in the doner car or what. When I hit the brake even with the car off it's sending power to the starter relay and I have zero reason why. I can start the car normal so I have no clue what steps to take next.

Would say that you either have a short where the brake wire is touching the starter signal wire somewhere sending the 12v off the brake to the starter OR you do indeed have a plug issue. When you press the brakes do the lights come on too along with the starter turning over? If so leaning heavily towards a short/touching wire somewhere.

I can unplug the starter relay and my brake lights work normal. If I plug it back in I'm back to the starter kicking over everytime I press it. I never touched my wiring that was in the car and never had this issue before. The brake lights come on along with starter kicking over I don't know if it's because I'm using my 95 wiring to my tail lights and 97 wiring everywhere else. I looked at relays and they are different from 95 and 97.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back