The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Bov vaccum fitting

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gstclipse69

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 30, 2006
Columbia, South_Carolina
Hey guys, after doing some tuning, turning up the boost, and a good boost leak test I realized my pos turbo xs bov was leaking at 20 psi. Anyhow after some thought I have a tial bov with 7 psi spring and a maft translator in the mail. I already have a gm maf sensor in my uicp just chillin. :cool:
I made this post awhile back to see exactly where the bov vaccum line went http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/297035-bov-vacuum-line.html
On my intake manifold there is a bolt where the bov nipple is supposed to be. It is 8mm x1.25 . Does anyone know where to get some kind of fitting to thread in there and have a vaccum fitting on the other end? I've gone to every lowes, napa, and hardware store in town and no one has anything. I searched online on several occasions and couldnt come up with anything.
I just want a dedicated line to the bov so I dont have any flutter/compressor surge issues. If anyone has any direction to point me in it would be great. Thanks

The 7 psi spring is the most common spring for the Tial bov. You can get others.

How do you have a bolt in there? Is it threaded where the BOV nipple is (in the picture I posted in your other thread)? If so, give McMaster-Carr a call and someone there should be able to help you. As far as I know, you'll have to get a metric-to-NPT adapter and then get a female NPT nipple. If you don't want to do that, see if someone has a spare manifold laying around that'll unscrew the nipple for you.

I dont know if it was threaded before or not but it is now. I compared pics and unscrewed the bolt and took it to see what the thread was. I looked on Mcmaster's website and didnt see anything. I'll try giving them a call and see if they can help me out. Problem is wherever I go, no one wants to go to so much trouble to get a 5 dollar part or less. Thanks for the input.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back