The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RjDSM99

Probationary Member
Jun 3, 2021
New Braunfels, Texas
What’s up fellas I got a 99 eclipse gst and my brother and I did a leak test with a compresser soap and water etc. everything looked good but the Oem Blow off valve was bubbling up in multiple spots indicating a leak. Is this normal or do I need to replace the bov? If I do what bov would you recommend or where can I find the oem greddy bov

It's not normal (not good) but it is very typical of the cheap plastic oem one. They all either leak or won't hold boost. Most people replace it with a used 1g one if you want to save money (although you'll need an adapter to put it on the stock 2g piping - I just did this to my 99 GST) or get a bov off ebay (which you usually still need a special adapter for it).

It's not normal (not good) but it is very typical of the cheap plastic oem one. They all either leak or won't hold boost. Most people replace it with a used 1g one if you want to save money (although you'll need an adapter to put it on the stock 2g piping - I just did this to my 99 GST) or get a bov off ebay (which you usually still need a special adapter for it).
Ok thanks man. What about the greddy fv bov? I was thinking about getting it but would it fit the original piping?

Ok thanks man. What about the greddy fv bov? I was thinking about getting it but would it fit the original piping?
Someone more knowledgeable on the greddy fv bov will have to chime in but it doesn't look to me like it will fit in a 2g original piping without an adapter (or replace the original piping). That's pretty much true for all aftermarket bov's.

You could get something like this. It is a adapter to convert your to a 1g flange. I don't believe a new pipe is needed with this adapter. However if you have future plans for the car, I would use this opportunity to upgrade to hard piping that already has whatever flange you need. I don't have much experience with greedy. But I have used the 1g valve for years on my 2g. Very good valve. If you want to buy once cry once, I personally choose Tial. Hope this helps.

Someone more knowledgeable on the greddy fv bov will have to chime in but it doesn't look to me like it will fit in a 2g original piping without an adapter (or replace the original piping). That's pretty much true for all aftermarket bov's.
You could get something like this. It is a adapter to convert your to a 1g flange. I don't believe a new pipe is needed with this adapter. However if you have future plans for the car, I would use this opportunity to upgrade to hard piping that already has whatever flange you need. I don't have much experience with greedy. But I have used the 1g valve for years on my 2g. Very good valve. If you want to buy once cry once, I personally choose Tial. Hope this helps.

I appreciate man I ended up going with the greddy fv bov, I have an OBX intercooler and piping so the flange is a little dif from stock and I think the fv is gonna fit just right, if not I can always get adapters

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back