The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

BOV DELETE

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HawkesTSI96

Proven Member
Aug 4, 2014
Tooele, Utah
What do you guys have to say about it? Mhi evo 3 16g with a vrsf fmic. Deleted bov all the way. No loss in boost slightly letting off for purge. Haha pulls great. Running stock 12psi. Creeps to 15 on occasion.

Attachments

• IMG_0118.JPG
    IMG_0118.JPG
    276.8 KB · Views: 215
You're joking, right?

Where do you think "boost" goes when the throttle plate slams shut and there's no exit out the BOV?

I recall this being a common thing, stock maybe even on the 3sgte's and other early turbo Toyota stuff. Theres a bunch that still swear by it on the Celica Altracs, regardless of turbo size or boost level.

I think it's a terrible idea, kinda similar to old Detroit blowers with no bypass. My question, like others have posed, is why? I don't know what you expect to gain from doing this.

Just wanted to see all the hate. I was just messing around with these plate hahaha! I've read a lot of guys swearing by deleting bov as well. they do mention keeping throttle partially open even when completely off throttle.. Ive sense put my bov back on LOL. i just wanted to see what you guys had to say.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back