The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Resolved Boosted 420a finally finished!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sestepney

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 5, 2011
Mesquite, Texas
After 2yrs she's finally finished. Now she just needs to cleaned up and waxed. I'm getting my stock bumper and hood repainted. PS, I do have a filter on the turbo inlet, I just didn't have it on at the time.

Attachments

• Before Rebuild.jpg
    Before Rebuild.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 246
  • After Build.jpg
    After Build.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 242
  • Complete.jpg
    Complete.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 243
  • Engine T.jpg
    Engine T.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 356
What the fudge, built bottom end and only 10psi turn that bish up and get your two years worth!!

Also hope you don't get in a front end collision, no front support other then that expensive intercooler..

Ohhhh didn't know you were breaking the engine in still! My bad LOL! Amazing engine bay by the way!

That's sexy. The evo 9 rims look great on 2 just my 2 cents

Well, I still need to do some fine tuning. She's borderline too rich, I got my portfueler from a third party and running off there tune. I'm hitting 10 a/f around 7psi. If anyone has the base map stage 4 from hahn I can compare the tune with, I would appreciate it.

I know a couple guys on ASEC have it, I'll ask around. But on another note can't you email Hahn about it? Dont see why they wouldn't give you it!

Hahn will charge me for it since I didn't buy my portfueler from them directly. I'll buy it if I have to but I figured I'd ask around first.

Did you try split second's website since they are the ones who distributed the 034 eic/aic controller (think that's what it is anyways LOL)

So did you get everything figured out or what?? Been a while, should have your break in done and hopefully portfueler figured out!

^^Overheating issue fixed, new radiator. Still haven't gotten the portfueler fine tuned. I'm saving to have it tuned by a shop, plus I'm waiting until I get something to control spark and timing. She still pulls great and idles with no issues. I got my inspection done and right after, CEL comes back on. I think the ECU caught on to the resister trick (EGR).

you should be able to at least get the PF tuned in the balpark of 11.3 and let them fine tune it. Running 10 ( or richer since your gauge cant read richer) is dangerous to your walls.. If you wash them, you asking for another rebuild.. : )
Its an excell spread sheet, not to hard.. Just make sure map a and B are the same and your good.

you should be able to at least get the PF tuned in the balpark of 11.3 and let them fine tune it. Running 10 ( or richer since your gauge cant read richer) is dangerous to your walls.. If you wash them, you asking for another rebuild.. : )
Its an excell spread sheet, not to hard.. Just make sure map a and B are the same and your good.
Yeah, your right. I did cut the map down a little but just haven't done it enough. I've been thinking about running a serial cable from the portfuler to inside the cab to view live data and record but not sure if drilling a hole through the portfuler for the cable to pass through will hurt it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back