The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A Boosted 420a head gasket ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSTeclipse97

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 19, 2008
York, Pennsylvania
Hey guys I need your advice before I get my new gasket. I'm not pouring out the money for a cometic when Ive been told the stock mls is plenty sufficiant so here goes. I called auto zone to get a price on a new head gasket and they listed 2 differant ones, a standard thickness and a thicker one. The guy there said the thicker would be better since I'm turboed but I dont belive everybody at the zone. So please give me some positive input here and let me know what you guys would do. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys I need your advice before I get my new gasket. I'm not porting out the money for a cometic when Ive been told the stock mls is plenty sufficiant so here goes. I called auto zone to get a price on a new head gasket and they listed 2 differant ones, a standard thickness and a thicker one. THe guy there said the thicker would be better since I'm turboed but I dont belive everybody at the zone. So please give me some positive input here and let me know what you guys would do. Thanks

a Cometic head gasket isn't the way go to for our cars, the mitsubishi MLS head gasket works really well. Partsdinosaur is a great place to get it, I ordered mine less than a week ago. It only took 2 days for it to come in, he ships real fast! Here is the link:

VIN 'B' 2.4 - 'X' 2.4 - 'Y' 2.0 Chrysler Head Gasket

If this is the one autozone employee is referring to than this is the way to go, the other OEM gasket at one point used to be a paper type gasket.

And for the record I have to highly recommend parts dinosaur... He returns personal e-mails to all his customers and he even adjusted the price of my product, dealing with the shipping price, because it would save me money. Doesn't get much more honest than that. I know I'm not too credible of a source, but I just wanted to add that.

Well that didnt exactly answer my question but thanks for the link, I'm probably going to get it from there along with the valve cover gasket. Are there gaskets good quality? Anyway I talked to a friend of mine and he said that when he did his a few years ago he had the same option of 2 differant ones and the thicker gasket was actually copper, instead of the standard mls

I use the standard mls gasket with no probblems....The thicker head gasket would be better for a turbo car. It will help lower your compression. not a lot, just a little...... If you are all ready running low compression go with the standard size....
Also if you had your head resurface, a thicker gasket would be the way to go. To make up for the material that had to be taken off....

Get standard size from Bruce (partsdinosaur. No problems and a great seller). I've had 0 problems with his HG's.

Also, no problems with using a cometic on ours. I'm running one on the 12.5 engine, no issues.

MB

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back