The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Boost logging question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmlivesmatter

Proven Member
Mar 31, 2019
hamburg, New_York
Hey all I've searched and searched but can't get a clear cut answer for this. I'm running the stock 2g maf, and have my lc2wideband integrated into pin 76 front o2 and simulated narrow and using v3. Now that that's all good and I'm able to log my afr I'm installing an aem boost guage. It's my understanding that I can tap into the mdp sensor wire on the ecu, similarly to how I did my wideband, so that I can also log my boost guage. But every article I've come across where people have done this, they are running SD. My question is, can I log my boost while still keeping my mdp sensor functioning? Also side note, I wanna keep my vac lines short to the boost guage sensor so I've heard people are poking holes in their steering boot and shoving the sensor wire thru is that a good way to route things into my engine bay?

No reason to keep the MDP sensor unless you need to retain egr monitoring for some reason.
Just replace it with a plug and play MAP sensor that has enough range for the manifold pressure you intend to see.
Will this cause a cel? And by replacing it with a map sensor do you mean wiring the sensor that comes with an aem boost guage into the mdp pin on the ecu? And just leaving the stock mdp sensor unplugged? Sorry I'm very green when it comes to modifying electrical components. The only reason I figured out the lc2 integration is jafro on YouTube had a idiot proof video on it LOL

Yes it will cause a CEL unless you have a means to disable the check via a tuning solution.
Most sensor inputs operate from 0-5v so if your AEM has a 0-5v output technically you can make it work but you will still get a CEL for MDP since the feedback will be different than expected by the ecm for a normally function MDP sensor.
You would need to know how to scale the output from your boost gauge and interpret that in your logging.
If you are green at this it's best to start by following tried and true methods first and establish an understanding of how things operate.
Once you have a better understanding of things you would be better prepared to experiment with different setups if you desire.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back