The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Body Hardware, Cowl and Interior

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Testosteroni84

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 25, 2009
Drammen, Europe
I live in Norway.
The 2nd generation Eclipse was never imported by Mitsubishi Motors in my country.

All of the cars you find over here have been imported by private persons or car dealers.
There are not many of these cars here either.

The years have gone by and some parts on my 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T are quite weather-beaten.
Everything that is damaged or worn is going to be refurbished or replaced.

For example, some plastic parts have been broken and I must get hold of replacements.
I have a hard time finding some of these, even on eBay.

One of the most important parts to get replaced is what is called "garnish, air inlet" by Mitsubishi.
Both of these have broken ends (see photographs below).

It is important that the replacement parts look as good as new.
Do you guys have any suggestions as to who is the best source for such parts?

Attachments

• Air Inlet Garnish LH 1.jpg
    Air Inlet Garnish LH 1.jpg
    622.8 KB · Views: 342
  • Air Inlet Garnish LH 2.jpg
    Air Inlet Garnish LH 2.jpg
    752.4 KB · Views: 307
  • Air Inlet Garnish RH 1.jpg
    Air Inlet Garnish RH 1.jpg
    593.8 KB · Views: 305
  • Air Inlet Garnish RH 2.jpg
    Air Inlet Garnish RH 2.jpg
    794.8 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
It is absolutely horrible.
Someone used vinyl paint on those vents.
After a while it started flaking.
That is why I would never use it.
You can use some Scott bright to sand them and put clear plastic primer under. Never had problem with flaking this way. Iv had whole interior painted for 5 years.

You can use some Scott bright to sand them and put clear plastic primer under. Never had problem with flaking this way. Iv had whole interior painted for 5 years.

If hairline cracks were the only problem, refinishing might have worked.
However, I only have the RH vent without any broken pieces.

I am really looking for a quick swap of these parts.
That is why I am trying to find new parts rather than having to refinish them all.

I am really looking for a quick swap of these parts.
That is why I am trying to find new parts rather than having to refinish them all.
Yeah it would be awesome to find new parts that would not be so fragile but all used parts are now 20 years old. It might be impossible to find "new" parts now.

Yeah it would be awesome to find new parts that would not be so fragile but all used parts are now 20 years old. It might be impossible to find "new" parts now.

It is always possible.
You just have to search real hard.
Just take a look at the part Leitnin pulled from the '00 Avenger.
It looks almost new.

So the seller of the RH vent on eBay just responded to my message:
"Sorry I do not ship outside the USA."

What a surprise...
I am down to that company in Germany now who have already confirmed they have both of the vents and even in black.

So the seller of the RH vent on eBay just responded to my message:
"Sorry I do not ship outside the USA."

What a surprise...
I am down to that company in Germany now who have already confirmed they have both of the vents and even in black.

Can you let me know who you're contacting in Germany?

Did you get the PM's, Leitnin?
I do not really want to call out anyone by name here if they do not come through with the deal.

Did you contact the German dealer, Leitnin?

No...I was under the impression you were just waiting to hear from them regarding shipping. I was just interested in potential sources in Germany.

Did you need some help with them or...?

No...I was under the impression you were just waiting to hear from them regarding shipping. I was just interested in potential sources in Germany.

Did you need some help with them or...?

I understand.
I am still waiting for their response.

I finally heard from Performance Partout today.
They are unable to help me with the air vents and belt guides just like Miller Import Parts.

These are the only two dealers in the USA I know of who have a large inventory of used 2G parts.
Any other suggestions anyone?

Anyone dealt with Discount Mitsubishi Parts?
I sent them a request weeks ago as well as a follow-up and I never heard back from them.

I now have final confirmation from both of the dealers in Asia.
Out of a list of 64 part numbers, both of them can only provide the same 18 parts and only one of the most important ones.
I guess they are getting their parts from the same source.
At least now I have an indication of what is available on the Asian market and it is not even 30% of these parts.

Last edited:
DSM Partout is my buddy's company. He's like a mini Miller. He also ships internationally. Just contact him with your request.
I've never been able to get those vents out without breaking them. My interior is mint except for those damn vents.
If someone out there has a 3D printer and wants to make a few sets you will certainly find many takers.

DSM Partout is my buddy's company. He's like a mini Miller. He also ships internationally. Just contact him with your request.
I've never been able to get those vents out without breaking them. My interior is mint except for those damn vents.
If someone out there has a 3D printer and wants to make a few sets you will certainly find many takers.

Haha - "like a mini Miller".

Thank you for the suggestion.
Would you be able to send me the contact info?
I can not find it online.

I am guessing all of the vents you tried to remove had the plastic studs instead of the metal screws?
From what I have learned, those plastic studs are horrible as they either always break or get damaged.

I actually know a guy who has a high quality 3D printer.
If I ever manage to acquire a perfect set, I will certainly look into the possibility of having these parts manufactured in order to help out those in need.

Last edited:
You're unlikely to get the result you want out of 3D printed parts. FDM printers (like the ultimaker won't give you nice surface finish needed, and SLA printers use materials that don't tend to have great mechanical properties for automotive longevity particularly when it comes to temperature cycling and UV.

Making up master molds from an existing good part and casting them in polyurethane for example would probably be a better bet. If there's significant interest, I could try to price it out.

The few times I tried to remove them the lip crumbled as I pulled on them.
You can find and message DSM Partout on FB or call Norbert at 484-821-7912

They will surely crumble if you pull on them.
You got to push from the bottom of the part only.

Thank you for the info.
Does this company have an e-mail address?

You're unlikely to get the result you want out of 3D printed parts. FDM printers (like the ultimaker won't give you nice surface finish needed, and SLA printers use materials that don't tend to have great mechanical properties for automotive longevity particularly when it comes to temperature cycling and UV.

Making up master molds from an existing good part and casting them in polyurethane for example would probably be a better bet. If there's significant interest, I could try to price it out.

I thought the technology was better than this.
They are printing working guns!

Back in the beginning of July, I found a website used by at least 4 different companies in the UK.
They are offering all of the parts the source in Germany is offering (plus a few more parts), although most of them at a higher price.

So I contacted each of the companies asking them if their website is up to date as I want to know if the parts actually are available.
Only one of the companies responded and it was not the answer I had hoped for:
"Dear customer, Thank you for your interest in our products, Most parts is in stock. You can order it online through our website."

So I sent them the list of the parts I am looking for as I want a confirmation before I place any order.
I still have not heard anything from them.

What a drag!

I was hoping for a positive outcome with the main source (in Germany) for a lot of the parts I am looking for.
Unfortunately, these guys turned out to be the worst I have ever dealt with.
For now, I will not mention their name as I am hoping they will rectify the situation - although I realize that is highly unlikely.

I sent them my part number inquiry on July 10.
Some hours later they responded with a list showing the availability of the parts as well as asking for my company number in order to send me an offer.
Later that day they sent me an offer anyway before I had the opportunity to respond to their message.

I told them I do not have such a number as I do not have a company.
I also pointed out a mistake in their list where a part number was shown twice causing confusion on my side.
They only responded to my message about the mistake.

So I sent them a follow-up as they had not addressed the company number issue.
They responded to my message without even mentioning the company number:

"Hello
If you want buy the parts, which we have offered
than give us your data for shipping and billing
We send you than the Proforma Invoice for Payment

Note: there are some numbers where we can't find the parts, if you give us the car VIN number (chassis number) we can check,
maybe some parts have new numbers"

So I asked them if this meant they could ship to me even if I do not have a company number.

They responded:
"we have to check with the car VIN number, which old numbers maybe have a new number"

As you can see, they ignored my question about the company number and just asked for the VIN.

So I gave them the VIN and I told them there are several parts on my list that will fit even if they do not show up as the only difference is the color.
This was only two days after I had sent them my inquiry.

Four days later I sent them a follow-up as I had not heard anything from them.
I also requested information for a few more parts later that day and I thought that would do no harm.

However, the same day I got the following response:

"Hello decision from our Boss
Sorry, we stop the offers, it is to many work with now result and we have the risk if some parts are wrong delivered because you a private customer. .
We work normal for car workshops worldwide only. We get the numbers, we offer and there order or cancel the case.
There are 3 mails only: inquiry mail - offering mail - ordering mail / or cancel mail"

So now they tell me they can not ship to me.
They were clearly enlightened about the fact that I am a private customer right from the start.
Their e-mail "rules" are not even mentioned on their website and they can thank themselves for the extra messages that were sent.
What a joke!

I responded to their message the same day, pointing out they had made the mistakes here, urging them to reconsider.
That was July 16 and I have since sent them a follow-up (more than two weeks ago now).
I have not heard anything from them.

Last edited:
Find a car shop near you, explain your issues about being a private customer and see if they will order the parts for you through this same company, is that an option?

I have inquired about ordering car parts from various shops over here many times.
It is always the same:
They are bound by what they can get from their suppliers.
Ordering parts from a certain source outside of this they can not.
Besides, my country has among the highest prices for car parts in the world it would probably ruin me.

I even asked Mitsubishi Motors over here about these parts.
They could only get about 26% of the parts and none of the most important ones.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back