The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Blackbox ECU 2G into 1G GSX

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psychosocia81

Probationary Member
Oct 1, 2010
Panamá, Central_America
Hi, I need some help pls.

Forgive me if I interrupt but technically I'm new to the forum and would not know where to find the information or guidance necessary for adaptation to desire.

I have a first generation 91 Mitsubishi GSX, which has all its sensors, but want to install a wired engine with second-generation Black Box ECU or at least start it for the first time with a stock ECU .

I know it can be done , but I have no knowledge of knowing that wiring adapter or other details need to have to make to operate normally without damaging any parts . I have the wiring of a 96 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX .

I ask for help because you have more experience and knowledge in the forum.

I will be very grateful for your help.

Sincerely,

JFC .

I've only done the swap on my 2GA spyder so any 1G guys that come along may know more. That said, assuming all the sensors are compatible, best bet is to pickup a wire harness extension for a 1G and cut off the half that plugs into the wiring harness, and solder it onto the ends of your 2G harness that plug into the ecu. That way, you have an adapter you can switch back and forth between. You'll need to wire in a flash port or audio cable to pin 79 on the 2G pinout as well.

If the sensors are not 100% compatible, then it will be more complicated. Hope that helps you get started with your research though.

FYI, here are the pin outs I was able to dig up.

1G (93) pinout:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

2G pinout:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back