The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

black interior

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yes but good Luck with the search a lot of people want black interior.

There was no all black interior. Only black dash, center console, door panels, seats, seat belts, back seat panels and door sills. The black was then acompanied by a grey glovebox, panel under the steering wheel, kick panels, pillars and grey hatch area panels as well as grey carpet.

IIRC the black leather came in 99's only and it was only in some of them. I purchased a blown motor 99 GST with the black which I converted my GSX with. I also bought an aftermarket black carpet that was very "cut to fit" :(. Here's a few pics though.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

And then of coarse my gauge pod took care of one grey pillar.

Good luck with your search, it's definitely hard to come by for sure and usually is not cheap.

there was never a 2g with all black panels, there was always some grey panels... depending on the model you get the parts from will determine how much grey...

...edit, ^^^ just beat me to it LOL

^ What he said. I just painted the remaining gray pieces black (yes, it lasts, prep is key), got black carpet, and I now have ALL black interior :)

i had a grey interior that i hated so i ripped everything out and used sem paint to paint my interior all black this stuff is amazing. (its not sold at many stores) but it turned out great no fading or chips in 6 months

wow I didnt know black was that wanted, I just gutted my interior and sprayed my carpet black.

not to thread jack but what would someone pay for black passenger seat, rear seats and panels?

wow I didnt know black was that wanted, I just gutted my interior and sprayed my carpet black.

not to thread jack but what would someone pay for black passenger seat, rear seats and panels?

I am not sure on price it will vary a lot. The trick here is to just find all the pieces in black. That will be hard to do.

hmmm any way to get those under panels and hatch panels black without a rattle can

Yea I know of a site that sells a 10 piece kit that includes the glove box, the side kicker panels and a few other pieces in a variety of colors including black for about $99.

Yea I know of a site that sells a 10 piece kit that includes the glove box, the side kicker panels and a few other pieces in a variety of colors including black for about $99.

What site?

Agreed - What site might this be? Those little odds and ends pieces are usually the most difficult to track down in good condition.

I don't know if this works on the plastics used on car interiors. However, when we gun lovers have a polymer frame for a weapon with a color we don't like, we dye it. I think most use RIT dye.

Opps sorry guys but I think he found one of the sites I was referring to ^^^. There was another that in addition to the trim pieces, they sold whole door panels which you could get to color match whichever color combination you wanted. It should be on my old computer at home. Once I get back I'll try and post up the link.

Ehh, I want to see some pics from someone that has actually used that site.

That site just looks like a lot of fabric cut to wrap all the old stuff, not the actual trim pieces.

If you want to wrap the parts, a 10 min trip to your local fabric store would result in the same look. My friend did this with his rear panels in his Spyder. They didn't make any black ones of those, so he wrapped them. It took a few tries to find a spray glue that would hold. Alas, I don't remember what he used, or if it's even still holding up now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back