The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Best Mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiteDSM

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 4, 2009
Prince, BC_Canada
Hey i was wondering what are the best mods/cheapest to increase horse power. (not including Turbo upgrades e.t.c) i will do that later after i build the motor . But for now i just want to do the basics.

The basics would be an intake, a turbo-back exhaust, a boost controller, and some sort of tuning device. You could get good gains from that.

Right now i have,T25 turbo, Intake, SMIC, Turboxs bov + manual boost controller and cams.

Any preffered exhaust and tuning device?

Dsmlink is a good choice for a tuning device, but its kind of expensive. Look at the apexi safc for a tuner. Its a basic piggyback, but for basic mods, it will help. As far as an exhaust, look for a good 2.5 to 3" stainless steel exhaust. Thermal sells them, apexi, burschur racing all sell good exhaust systems.

Dsmlink is a good choice for a tuning device, but its kind of expensive. Look at the apexi safc for a tuner. Its a basic piggyback, but for basic mods, it will help. As far as an exhaust, look for a good 2.5 to 3" stainless steel exhaust. Thermal sells them, apexi, burschur racing all sell good exhaust systems.

Ok, thanks i will look around for those.

T-25? You do have a '90 GSX like your profile says right? Reason being, your car came with the 14b, not a T-25 and it's considered a DOWNGRADE since it's smaller than the 14b.

Personally I'd do exhaust first. Even removing the cat and installing a free flowing muffler does quite a bit.

Then add a 255 walbro HP fuel pump, manual boost controller, boost gauge and adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Remove the bottom honey comb in the MAF, Set your base FP to 45 and crank the boost up to 16-17lbs or so. Then start saving for a decent clutch.

It starts getting expensive after that point IMO.

T-25? You do have a '90 GSX like your profile says right? Reason being, your car came with the 14b, not a T-25 and it's considered a DOWNGRADE since it's smaller than the 14b.

Yes i do know that, the previous owner before said he put a 2g talon turbo in. Don't know why. Defiantly will be putting a 14b or small 16b in soon.

Personally I'd do exhaust first. Even removing the cat and installing a free flowing muffler does quite a bit.

Then add a 255 walbro HP fuel pump, manual boost controller, boost gauge and adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Remove the bottom honey comb in the MAF, Set your base FP to 45 and crank the boost up to 16-17lbs or so. Then start saving for a decent clutch.

It starts getting expensive after that point IMO.

Where is some where good i can get this stuff.Any suggested websites?

check the dsm classifieds for injectors & ecu's. Also the evo forum classifieds. Craigslist and ebay are good for everything else.

check the dsm classifieds for injectors & ecu's. Also the evo forum classifieds. Craigslist and ebay are good for everything else.

Ebay is good for the following: Intake, Exhaust, Injectors, Radiators, and Intercoolers.

Our Forum Classifieds are "good" for everything else. Just watch out for TOO cheap of stuff and scammers. Make sure they have a good amount of feedback.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back