The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Beginner dsmlink setup question!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

empie1

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 30, 2004
albany, New_York
I finally got everything in order with my engine.My injectors were shot so i put in some denso nippon 550 cc injectors.I dont plan on raising the boost yet (winter) but am trying to straighten out my fuel trims.Im very confused about ltft/stft...is there a different property on dsmlink i should log?or is it just 02 volts? I read this:
GMAF Calibration for LTFT

And kinda get an idea of what im supposed to do (adjust)...but dont want to screw anything up.Can someone expain this to me?Im slow.

I set it at 180, -18%...but other than that im lost.

To capture STFT, LTFT Lo, and LTFT Mid:
1. Connect laptop to car using cable.
2. Turn key to ON, but don't start.
3. Fire up DSMlink and connect to ECU.
4. Click ECU > Captured Values.
5. Find MAFRaw, STFT, LTFT Lo, and LTFT Mid and add them to the list on the right. You can do this by either double clicking on them or single clicking and then clicking on the right arrow (>).
6. Click Display > Values and do the same thing. Find those 4 values, then add them to the list on the right.
7. Start car.
8. Start streaming/logging and watch MAFRaw, STFT, LTFT Lo, and LTFT Mid.
9. After it has reached operating temperature, look at Jeff's how-to (the link you posted above) and adjust accordingly while idling.
10. Then do rev tuning (MAFRaw should be at/around 150Hz).
11. Then drive around for a few minutes.
12. Once you arrive back home, let the car idle for a minute or two and recheck your idle and rev tunes.
13. Adjust accordingly and then take the car out to a highway and do your cruise tuning (MAFRaw should be at/around 250Hz). For this, you want to keep the car around that Hz level for as long as possible so that the numbers have time to stabilize. Holding it at 250Hz for 4 or 5 seconds isn't enough. I would shoot for 10+ seconds. The longer the better. Adjust and repeat.
14. Once you arrive back home, once again let the car idle for a minute or two and check idle and rev tunes.

Ideally, you should do cruise tuning with another person to operate the laptop. Hopefully you'll be able to find someone who can read 3 numbers at the same time, and then do the simple math :thumb:

Also, while you're in the Displayed Values box, adjust your properties for all of the items in the box on the right. Just click on an item to highlight it, then click on the Props button in the middle. Make sure you adjust for your altitude, tire size, injector size, etc.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back